UNICOM Government Inc., (UGI) strives to create a competitive advantage by setting direction, evaluating, and evangelizing current as well as emerging & innovative technologies, trends, solutions, and positioning UGI as a leader in infrastructure technology.
UNICOM Government, Inc. (UGI) has an immediate opening for a Business Development Executive to work in our Sales Organization. The BD Manager must have proven relationships with high C-level government decision-makers and must be able to articulate technology strategies.
Responsible for the identification, research, qualification, and capture of long-term IT software solution based projects, programs, and services opportunities in targeted accounts. Responsibilities will include identifying and qualifying opportunities, developing capture strategies, conducting competitive analysis, customer, vendor/OEM contacts, capture management, and preparation of bid-to-win strategies. Also responsible for meeting and presenting to prospective customers UGI’s software solution-based offerings, contract and account management, and providing expertise that supports new initiatives and strategic planning.
- Identify and win new, long-term business opportunities to support the company’s core capabilities for IT solutions & services; Ensure UGI’s is positioned for large, long-term program and services opportunities.
- Responsible for the business development planning for next-generation programs that will emerge from Civilian, Public Sector, and Defense Agencies.
- Apply technology to meet customer business needs and collaborate with Enterprise Solutions Consultants to construct solutions specific to customer account requirements.
- Lead the development and delivery of a detailed account plan that aligns with the UGI’s strategic direction as well as the customer's IT mission, vision, and objectives.
- Research, uncover, understand, and analyze agency missions, priorities, and IT programs; Engage with C-level customers, identify their key goals, missions, and priorities, and map these to the account goals.
- Responsible for customer relationship management and communication of opportunities and issues to the team weekly.
- Responsible for coordinating business development activities with other teammates to maximize the ability to deliver services solutions in the accounts.
- Maintain accurate business projections in CRM and provide weekly reports on business development status and monthly and quarterly reporting of business metrics to ensure a strong new business pipeline is maintained.
- Participate in the central development and implementation of new products and services, re-launches, new business building programs, sales rationale, etc.
- Develop and brief pursue/no pursue and bid/no-bid recommendations and develops pursuit strategies for new business opportunities; provide capture management to ensure an effective win strategy is followed
- Evaluate budget and funding sources, competitive environment assessment, technology applicability, market dynamics, price to win analyses, and the probability of winning.
- Work in high technology environments and establish personal relationships with government and industry customers at all levels; establish UGI’s presence in industry forums/events and develop high-level relationships with industry vendor partners.
- Administer Business Development processes and effectively communicate with senior internal and external customers.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 18 or more years of professional experience; or 10-15 years of professional experience with a related Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Prior business development experience selling IT software solutions to federal, defense, and/or state and local governments is required. Prior experience selling to Federal Agency Customers is required.
- Must have a proven record of accomplishment of sales of professional IT services engineering with a legacy of achieving financial goals in dedicated account sets.
- Must possess experience capturing major programs, developing, and managing winning proposals. ID/IQ experience desired.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must possess proven leadership qualities including entrepreneurial spirit, high energy, and ability to lead large cross-functional teams, a track record of managing within budget allocations, strong marketing skills with the ability to attract and interact with customers at all levels in government markets.
- The ideal candidate will maintain extremely high customer contact level, possess superb communication and interpersonal skills, and be able to thrive in a high tempo business development organization; must possess a proven record of developing and maintaining C-level customer relationships.
- Must have a marketing capability to leverage with both new and existing clients, and able to establish a solid working relationship with customers, technical staff, managers, Subcontractors, and peers.
- Must possess the ability to develop and execute sales strategies, manage sales territories, and leverage the right resources to optimize results.
- Must possess excellent negotiation skills and experience, especially in developing, proposing, and closing opportunities.
- Travel will be required and must have a high- energy work ethic and be available to work non-standard hours during peak season times.
- Must have deep Rolodex of Federal Agency Contacts
- Must have deep Rolodex of key Partner Contacts
- Must have experience selling software solutions directly to Federal Government
- Must have experience selling various services directly to the Federal Government
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Travel to customer/client sites will be required as dictated by business needs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; to sit, stand, walk; and to talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Lifting Requirement: 20 pounds
Lifting Limitations: 50 pounds
General office environment.
Thank you for your interest in UNICOM Government, Inc.
At UNICOM Government, Inc., our top priority is our people. We support our employees in maintaining a healthy work-life balance by providing unique programs and comprehensive benefits that are important to today’s busy professionals. UGI’s benefits include Medical, Dental, and Vision plans, life and disability insurance, 401K, short and long-term disability, and flexible spending. UGI employees also enjoy observance of federal holidays, a family-friendly environment, flexible work schedules, and an onsite gym.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Male/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster at EEOPost.pdf
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact 703-502-2000 or email@example.com for assistance.
One Mission. Yours.
If you are interested in a career with UGI, please visit our website to learn more and apply directly to our openings.