We are hiring Business Development based in Washington, DC
Company Name: - JTSi (Johnson Technology Systems, Inc.)
Position: Business Development
Location: Washington, DC
The Business Development Personnel will be responsible for:
- Identifying and qualifying new business opportunities within the Defense market.
- Developing and maintaining high quality relationships with customers, partners and Program Managers
- Leading or assisting capture activities, adhering to Business Acquisition Process and all other applicable policies and procedures.
- Providing critical leadership from the identification of an opportunity through the post submission phases of the BAP.
- Formulating or supporting the communication and implementation of an integrated business development, capture and proposal strategy that provides customers a clear and defensible justification for selecting JTSI for the award.
- Developing and implement capture plans and strategies (including development and execution of customer call plans), have a firm comprehension of the customer's requirements, understand the strengths/weaknesses of our competitors and develop/implement winning strategies that highlight strengths and mitigate weaknesses.
- Establishing value added teaming strategies and competitive pricing structures to create a profitable return at a winning cost.
- Coordinating and maintains customer business relationships. Identifies and develops opportunities for business expansion.
- Developing marketing strategies and provides input into market account plans and the company's strategic plan.
- Acting as liaison with government agencies and offices.
- 10+ years of professional services Selling experience with federal government contracts
- Knowledge of IDIQ Contracts such as Encore, ITES, RS3, CiOSP2, RS3 etc
- Incumbent relationships with Program Managers and CORs
- Extensive background developing business focused on IT Services, Lifecycle SW development, ERP solutions, and program support offerings.
- Additional specific requirements include: proven experience leading and winning contracts in the Federal marketplace with knowledge of respective acquisition / procurement policies and regulations; well versed in industry practices/trends/leaders; possess knowledge of our competitors; ability to motivate and energize a team to produce a winning solution; ability to develop and implement creative strategies into winning bids; possess excellent written/verbal communications skills, presentation skills, organizational time management skills; and display a strong sales presence.
- Strong experience working with or in DoD organizations.
- A proven track record of capture of opportunities cross multiple organizations and program offices at a variety of acquisition sizes.
- Experience with DoD budget, investments and acquisition processes.
- Ability to think critically, solve problems, and be a strong team player who fosters collaboration.
- Flexibility to travel as required, based on negotiated work location, up to 50% per month.
- Demonstrated access to key government customers and industry partners.
- Ability to use automated tools such as Microsoft Office to present ideas, information, and reports. Familiarity with CRM tools.
- US citizenship
- Bachelor's degree; additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
Preferred Qualifications - one or more of the following will be a big plus:
- Have work experience as a contracting officer in Army Contracting Commands (ACC Rock Island, APG, Picatinny etc)
- The ideal candidate will have extensive experience serving in the DoD (military or civilian) and has served as a program manager on an acquisition program .
- Former member of the DoD with acquisition experience with recent contacts with potential customers
- Experience working with or in the Planning, Programming, Budgeting and Execution (PPBE) process.
- Leadership skills to develop, organize and execute significant capture activities, including building industry teams, assessing win probability, and executing customer call plans to shape acquisitions in order to respond to and win business with new and existing customers.
- Formal US government acquisition training
- Proposal Management Experience
- An active Secret Clearance (or higher) clearance
If you are available, interested, planning to make a change, or know of a friend who might have the required qualifications and interest, please call me ASAP at (703) 949-9118. If you do respond via e-mail () please include a daytime phone number so I can reach you. In considering candidates, time is of the essence, so please respond ASAP with your updated resume.
Established in 2003, JTSi is an IT & Engineering Services provider with years of documented experience in the Information Technology and Engineering services field. JTSi has a proven track record for successfully delivering mission critical Professional IT Services to the Public Sector. JTSI SAP/ERP team delivers high value business solutions to its clients by clearly understanding their core business problems. We deliver quality services at equitable rates and focus on constant improvement in all areas of our operation, with a strong commitment to meeting our Customer s needs. We view ourselves more as a Business Partner than merely a consulting services provider. At JTSi customer is always first and partnering is our path to customer satisfaction - We do what we say.