We need following candidate:
Title: Business Development Manager, Federal/Civilian Markets
Location: Arlington, VA
Client is seeking an experienced business development person to lead our federal civilian business development efforts. We desire an energetic self-starter who can successfully promote our offerings and solutions, win competitive pursuits and position client as the industry leader it is in this space. This position is based in the DC Metro area. The ideal candidate has a proven track record of both winning and delivering IT and strategic consulting services to Federal Civilian agencies and will conduct the duties listed below in support of account and company goals.
- Grow iTech s Federal Civilian Market by leverage existing relationships and establish new ones to support and advance development goals.
- Identify and win executable business for industry clients through applying expertise across the business development life cycle, from opportunity identification through shaping, capture, proposal and contract startup and execution. Leverage business development and functional expertise to build addressable market and increased technical solutions development work.
- Lead complex negotiations with industry partners to build teams in support of large complex procurements.
- Lead capture for complex and technical bids, including identifying and comprehending clients requirements and buying patterns, developing complex technical solution options, and building a cost-competitive industry team that can deliver client impact through a winning bid.
- Drive market-based competitive intelligence, market assessments, client assessments, and strategic planning efforts in support of expanding specific client-based opportunity portfolios and pipeline.
- Compete in both incumbent and non-incumbent workstreams, think critically, and strategically strengthen the competitive posture of the firm.
- Build and maintain strong industry relationships, including competitors, niche capability firms, small businesses, and select client relationships to gather intelligence and enhance the firm s position across a portfolio of efforts.
- Lead and facilitate the development, delivery, and presentation of white papers and drive technical and acquisition client call plans and other outreach efforts to qualify and inform pursue or no pursuit decisions.
- Ensure appropriate resources are applied to the project and manage/supervise resources involved in relevant areas of project activity. Provide coaching and mentoring to project managers and other resources within the portfolio.
- Ensure a structure is in place to promote consistent, high-quality delivery ensuring conformance with work standards and all contractual obligations.
- 8-10 years of experience in a senior business development role with annual revenue or sales targets at a major federal government contractor focused on technology or mission services and solutions sales
- 3+ years of experience in the direct management of complex solutions and development capture efforts for federal civilian market
- Solid understanding of the customer needs for the Market and specific experience with key client organizations.
- Experience with managing and leading high-performing, dynamic teams to deliver program requirements.
- Familiarity with one or more of the following areas preferred: management consulting, program management, human capital management, data analytics, digital government services, logistics and supply chain
- Network of colleagues and customers in the federal civilian space a plus
- Ability to effectively manage pipeline development activities
- Ability to take initiative
- Ability to persuade and position complex ideas and methods to create competitive advantage
- Ability to communicate clearly with a variety of stakeholders
- Ability to solve problems
- Experience with leading large captures and developing complex technical solutions
- Experience with developing and maintaining effective internal and external business relationships with clients and industry partners
- Experience with successful execution of all phases of a large and multi-year capture effort, including strategic planning, teaming, proposals, market, or competitive and price-to-win analyses
- Ability to show expertise in the business development life cycle and solution selling methodologies
- Ability to communicate multi-step and interdependent activities effectively to capture teams and ensure efficient execution of captured efforts
- Ability to lead teams and stakeholders throughout the capture process
- Experience with business development through the entire business development cycle through contract award
- Knowledge of the US government's acquisition process
- Ability to demonstrate positive client relationships and a record of success in leveraging these relationships for opportunity wins
- Ability to engage with C-suite level executives
- Ability to work in a cross-functional, multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to responsibly coordinate, collaborate, and lead without oversight
- Ability to work as part of an integrated account and opportunity capture team within an organization where collaboration and a team-centric culture are paramount for success
- Experience providing direct management and oversight of an account or multiple programs/projects, including staffing, quality, and financial accountability
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies and experience using Agile to implement projects within a federal government environment
- Strong business and technical acumen
- Possession of excellent project management and analytical skills
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated strong cultural fit and values alignment with iTech AG core values
Education and Training
- BS/BA required; MS/MA or demonstrated experience in Program Management, Information Systems, Communications or related field preferred.
- Applicants selected for this position may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Please note that only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.