Working at Nihilent
Nihilent offers exciting opportunities that not only build careers but also empowers individuals to steer the organization forward. At Nihilent, we urge our associates to ideate and innovate, which is truly a differentiating factor. Supported by a very approachable leadership team, Nihilentians strive to deliver their best. We value skills and commitment over anything else. Nihilentians are long-runners and ever ready to take on new challenges.
Nihilent Inc. has its US headquarters in Minneapolis, MN with offices in Dallas, TX, Trumbull, CT, Philadelphia, PA and Pleasanton, CA.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for building market position by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing and maintaining business relationships. The role will also be responsible for:
- Achieving sales quotas through solutions-focused sales to new and existing customers through leading, managing, building, and developing IT services leads to meet or exceed monthly and annual sales goals
- Generate a strong pipeline of prospective customers.
- Play active role in networking with key prospective clients
- Must be able to effectively build pipeline through cold calling, prospecting, driving attendance to various marketing events and expanding business in existing customer base.
- Research the market, understand the competitive marketplace, identify and acquire customers in the Enterprise and SMS&P (mid-market) space for Microsoft Business Intelligence solutions.
- Manage and build on the relationship with Microsoft s sales team.
- Partner with the pre-sales technical team on customer visit plans and sales strategy.
- Nurture client relationships and become a trusted advisor by understanding the customer s business strategies and processes and then offering the appropriate business technology services and solutions.
- Assist in writing high quality proposals and responses to RFP s.
- Manage current client relationships to drive additional revenue through new SOWs, proposals, RFP s.
- Understand the business models across different verticals viz. manufacturing, finance, retail, restaurants, etc.
- Conduct qualifying research on prospects, identifying key contacts and decision makers and company demographics to include, but not limited to, job title, products, structure, budget, systems, vendors, business cycle and customer base uncovering qualified opportunities. Utilize internal and external research tools and systems.
- Establish contact and engage with C-Level executives.
- Work closely with the subject matter experts and delivery team for presales related activities and for fulfillment of the order.
- Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates customers needs on an on-going basis.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE
- Bachelor s degree in Business, Computer Science or other related discipline, Preferred degree in Business Analytics or similar field will be an advantage
- Resourceful: you have the drive to overcome any obstacle in your work.
- Self-starter with good time management skills
- Customer Obsessed: you learn about your customers and their businesses with a beginner's mind and then bring solutions that meet their needs.
- Passion for Data: you're deeply motivated and excited about how technology and especially data can transform decision making
- Prospecting and planning customer meetings for Nihilent solutions and services
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Likes to take the lead, not afraid to get hands dirty and likes a new challenge everyday
- Communicate effectively with all levels of an organization
- Minimum 6-8 years of experience in solution & services selling, consulting sales or IT industry
- Experience in Account Management
- Needs to be experienced in acquiring new clients as the focus will be on client acquisition
- Must have a solid personal network
- Ability to work independently and as part of a geographically dispersed team
- Accustomed to making presentations to C-level and/or technical audiences
- Should be willing to travel extensively (50% or more of the time)
- Needs to be proficient in drafting proposals