Job Title: Business Development Executive
Location: Baltimore, MD
Serigor Inc is a Maryland based, Woman Owned Small Business (WOSB) specializing in IT Services, IT Staff Augmentation, Government Solutions and Global Delivery. Serigor is an IT services firm that delivers deep expertise, objective insights, a tailored approach, and unparalleled collaboration to help government agencies and companies confidently face the future while increasing the efficiency of their current operations. We offer a wide range of IT Services and IT Staffing designed to give our clients knowledge and access to them all, which technology can offer.
Currently we are hiring a Business Development Manager in Baltimore, MD to identify new business opportunities in order to generate revenue, improve profitability and help the business grow.
As a business development manager, you'll need to:
- research and identify new business opportunities - including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, partnerships, products and services - or new ways of reaching existing markets
- seek out the appropriate contact in an organization
- generate leads and cold call prospective customers
- meet with customers/clients face to face or over the phone
- foster and develop relationships with customers/clients
- understand the needs of your customers and be able to respond effectively with a plan of how to meet these
- think strategically - seeing the bigger picture and setting aims and objectives in order to develop and improve the business
- work strategically - carrying out necessary planning in order to implement operational changes
- draw up client contracts - depending on the size of company, this task may be completed by someone else or agreements may not be as formal
- have a good understanding of the businesses' products or services and be able to advise others about them
- ensure staff are on board throughout the organisation, and understand the need for change and what is required of them
- train members of your team, arranging external training where appropriate
- discuss promotional strategy and activities with the marketing department
- liaise with the finance team, HR and Recruting departments as appropriate
- seek ways of improving the way the business operates
- attend seminars, conferences and events where appropriate
- keep abreast of trends and changes in the business world.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management or Administration, Finance, Accounting, Marketing, or related field.
- Proven experience working as a Business Development Officer or similar role.
- Tenacity and drive to seek new business and meet or exceed targets
- An excellent telephone manner for making initial contact and for ongoing communication with customers and business associates
- Interpersonal skills for building and developing relationships with clients
- Written and verbal communication skills - needed for communicating with a range of people, both internally and externally, as well as presentation skills
- IT skills, including the use of spreadsheets
- Teamworking skills and a collaborative approach to work
- Decision-making skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritise your workload
- Project management and organisational skills
- Ability to motivate yourself and set your own goals
- Negotiating skills
- Ability to think strategically
- Ability to analyse sales figures and write reports
- Flexible approach to work with the ability to adapt to a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Initiative and the confidence to start things from scratch.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications.
- The ability to travel as needed.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and management skills.
- Exceptional negotiation and decision-making skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Strong business acumen.