Spruce Technology, a mid-size and rapidly-growing Information Technology services firm, seeks to expand its business development team. An award-winning firm (Inc 5000, SmartCEO) with a steadily growing portfolio of commercial and government clients, Spruce Technology provides innovative technology solutions, specialized IT staff, and IT strategy consulting nationwide. Spruce Technology maintains partnerships with major technology vendors such as Microsoft (Gold Partner) and IBM (Business Partner), and new members of our team will learn about service areas such as application development, infrastructure, cyber security, risk management, and IT recruiting.
Reporting into the Business Development & Strategy team, the ideal Business Development Manager will be a self-motivated, organized, outgoing and personable individual with a desire to be a part of small team integral to the firm’s growth. Spruce has an existing footprint in the northern California commercial sector that we seek to further support and expand through the onboarding of a new Business Development Manager focused on that market and other related areas. The selected candidate will have wide latitude to pursue opportunities and build relationships, the potential to be exposed to and learn about a variety of technologies, and be exposed to key staff with a wealth of backgrounds to provide guidance and support as needed.
Please visit www.sprucetech.com for additional information on our services.
- High school diploma; a degree in a business-related field, IT, or communications preferred
- 3+ years of sales / business development experience, preferably in an IT-related firm
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong ability to carry out tasks independently or with very little supervision
- Exemplary interpersonal relationship skills
- Comfort interacting with highly technical and business-oriented people
- Interest in learning more about technology, with a focus on those most relevant to the firm
- Availability to work primarily across California and the western region of the US, with a concentration on northern California; travel outside that region may be required
- Candidates with an existing network in northern California and/or experience presenting to management-level roles strongly preferred
- Act as relationship manager for a portfolio of ongoing accounts
- Search out and communicate with prospective clients towards creating new opportunities for business expansion
- Identify potential leads leveraging a variety of internal and external tools
- Interact with Spruce consultants to better understand their needs, client interests, and potential growth opportunities
- Understand the products and services the business organization has to offer and communicate such varieties of products to appropriate parties (e.g. partners, clients, prospects, etc.)
- Support the Business Development & Strategy team in developing the firm’s sales strategy to increase the pipeline of prospective clients and expand existing relationships
- Assist with drafting marketing and sales material, including proposals, SOWs, job descriptions for client staffing needs, website content, client presentations, etc
- Educate prospective or existing clients on the firm’s value proposition, solutions, and priority partner offerings
- Identify partner gaps, redundancies, and / or conflicts for senior management consideration
- Complete regular internal reporting, including updates to internal CRM system and other status requirements
- Contribute to internal process improvements as needed
If this position is of interest please forward your resume to email@example.com