Zions Bancorporation has just opened an opportunity for an experienced Business Information Analyst within the Enterprise Data Office "EDO" department based in the heart of Salt Lake City. If you are ready to move your career forward, read on.
The Business Information Analyst focuses on delivering Business Intelligence (BI) solutions for the EDO user community, ranging from senior executives to middle management and various reporting groups. These BI solutions support credit and financial analytics, regulatory reporting initiatives, solutions for marketing and customer management, etc.
- Analyze and map system data into integrated data marts, to meet reporting and analytical business needs
- Extensive data profiling on the existing source and integrated data to ensure thorough understanding of the business needs and the current platforms
- Test and validate data attributes based both on source data and results from other systems to assure the data accurately reflects the source system and business needs
- Work with reporting teams to explain the data to report writers and communicate the scope and impact of changes
- Take ownership of the SDLC process and manage work quality and quantity through frequent releases, closely coordinating with data engineers, modelers, product owners, and other information analysts
- Create and maintain clear, detailed, and accurate metadata documentation and knowledge transfer material.
- Strong SQL background.
- Strong presentation and technical documentation skills.
- 1 year working in a data warehouse/business intelligence environment or related field.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or other related area of study.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with both management and staff employees
- Must be able to meet deadlines and work with little or no supervision.
- Experience in banking or financial services.
- Experience with SQL.
- Experience working with formal project management methodologies.
A combination of education and experience may meet requirements.
Zions Bancorporation's Enterprise Technology and Operations (ETO) team is transforming what it means to work for a financial institution. We operate in a fast-paced, information-driven environment, which means we need people who bring diverse experiences, perspectives, and expertise to meet the ever-changing demands of a technology-driven world. We are grounded in the belief that "improving the work is the work" as we drive to create simple, easy, and fast solutions for our customers. Your ability to adapt, learn, and innovate helps increase revenue, reduce operational costs, and mitigates risk.
ETO provides opportunities for you to own your career growth through Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, Women in Technology, and Workforce of the Future initiatives that allow you to network across the organization, volunteer in our community, and build your technical and soft skills. Together we are building a culture that values diversity and creates a space of belonging for all our team members. We believe that investing in your success is an investment in our customers and our business. Our people are what sets us apart and make us great.
At Zions Bancorporation, we need team members who can get the job done and do it with enthusiasm. As a company, we are always striving to make the business better so we can make our customer's lives easier. Are you passionate about making a difference for people in your community? As a corporation comprised of community banks, we need people like you, who can make positive change.
Zions is full of people just like you who share the same values and work ethic. Our diverse workforce offers endless opportunities to expand your skills and gain valuable experience that will help you advance your career. Let's talk about how we can help one another succeed.