SHIFT: Day Job
Your innovation. Our impact . At Anthem, Inc., it's a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we're creating greater access to care for our members, greater health for our communities, and greater experiences for our customers. Innovation is a top priority. Here, you'll have an opportunity to work in a collaborative environment that brings together industry leaders and technology experts, so together we can drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to create solutions and programs that can truly make a difference at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company. Business Information Analyst Sr - GBD HCCO - PS50924 Location:
This position is on the Medicare Healthcare Cost Outcomes Analytics team. States supported by this position include CA, FL, OH, KY, TN, and TX, amongst others. Although it is preferred that you work in one of these markets, we are open to any other Anthem office location, or a work at home arrangement.
Responsible for analyzing, reporting and developing recommendations on data related to complex and varied business metrics. Typically provides technical assistance to lower level staff. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct analysis for cost of care ideation, modeling, and initiative tracking
- Produce and present data related to state and region level medical trends
- Analyze data and summarize performance using appropriate data tools
- Develop and analyze business performance reports (e.g. for claims data, provider data, utilization data) and provide notations of performance deviations and anomalies
- Create and publish periodic reports, make necessary recommendations, and develop ad hoc reports as needed
- Devise best way to develop appropriate diagnostic and/or tracking data that will translate business requirements into usable decision support tools
- Discuss trends and cost of care opportunities with market and regional leadership
- Requires a BS/BA degree in related field; 3-5 years data analysis or related experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background
- Must be able to present and interpret complex data for non-analytic audiences
- Must be able to write SQL queries and have advanced Excel skills
- Must have experience manipulating large relational databases
- Must have strong analytical, organizational and problem solving skills
- Tableau or Power BI experience preferred
- Experience with healthcare data preferred
- This job is focused on complex and varied metrics, making recommendations and providing assistance to staff as compared to the Bus Info Analyst II job
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America's Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and has been named a 2019 Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com.
An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.