Purpose of Job
We are looking to hire a Business Information Architect at the Senior or Lead level based upon qualifications. P&C is seeking to drive data & analytics as an enabler throughout our organization and our Business Information Architects play a key role in working with technical partners and business leaders to move forward our P&C data strategy. We are looking for a BIA to help drive the establishment of processes necessary to manage our 3rd party/external data. Through gathering business needs and architecting how we manage 3rd party/external data for P&C, the BIA will play a critical enabling role for this key P&C data & analytics need. In addition to the work around 3rd party/external data, the BIA will also work closely with partners from the Enterprise and other CoSAs on P&C needs from products they support.
We are currently seeking talented Business Information Architect (3rd Party/Vendor Data) for our San Antonio, TX (WestRidge South) facility.
Holds responsibility for the development and implementation of the information architecture to support the measuring and monitoring of enterprise business needs. Maintains the design around the full set of Enterprise information capabilities that support existing and strategic business capabilities.
- Under minimal supervision, applies advanced knowledge to perform regular assessments of the health and maturity of information capabilities for a given domain.
- Applies advanced knowledge to identify new information capabilities needed to support business capabilities of a given business domain.
- Maintains the information capability repository with these identified needs.
- Acts as a key contributor in efforts to define the mission, goals, critical success factors, principles, and policies for information strategy and information architecture.
- Partners with the Business Information Architects and other technical and business architects to enable the development of the USAA Integrated Information Capability Roadmap.
- Guides other team members to goal achievement and team success.
- Partners with key stakeholders to build the business cases required to secure approval and funding for the Data and Analytical efforts needed to support the Information Capability Roadmap.
- Acts as a key contributor in the creation and maintenance of a conceptual model for information capabilities for a given domain.
- Understands end to end change impact by managing linkages from information capabilities to technical assets (operational + analytical).
- Acts as a key contributor in the development and maintenance of an integrated logical data model to understand data and its interdependencies regardless of its usage pattern.
- Provides consulting and guidance regarding the usage of the enterprise integrated logical model for use in development.
- Provides consulting and guidance on appropriate data sources to be used in solution development and delivery.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Architecture, Information Management, Information and Data Science, Information Studies or a related technical field. 4 years work experience in information management or related experience can be substituted in lieu of a degree in addition to the minimum years of work experience required OR A Master's Degree in Information Architecture, Information Management, Information and Data Science, Information Studies or a related technical field OR A PhD in Information Architecture, Information Management, Information and Data Science, Information Studies or a related technical field
- If Bachelor's degree, 6 or more years experience in information and/or data architecture to include strategy, planning, and delivery oversight OR If Master's degree, 4 or more years experience in information and/or data architecture to include strategy, planning, and delivery oversight OR If PhD, 3 or more years experience in information and/or data architecture to include strategy, planning, and delivery oversight.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses. Preferred
- Experience with Third Party/Vendor data.
- Experience establishing and improving data management processes.
- Experience with Enterprise and other CoSA data.
- Modern data architecture experience (Cloud, Hadoop, NoSQL, etc).
- Strong ability to influence up, down and across the organization.
- Property & Casualty Insurance product data (Auto and/or Property) expertise.
- Ability to communicate complex issues succinctly.
- Skill in utilizing technology to deliver high value business outcomes.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers. Relocation
assistance is available
for this position. For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager-s approval prior to posting. Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 05/28/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.