SHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc.,
it's a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we're creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company. Business Information Consultant This position may be filled in the Atlanta, GA, Chicago, IL, Las Vegas, NV, Louisville, KY, Mason, OH, Minneapolis, MN, Morristown, NJ, St. Louis, MO, Virginia Beach, VA or Wallingford, CT office
The Business Information Consultant
is responsible for serving as an expert in data analysis, reporting and formulating recommendations, and providing guidance to other data analysts. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Creates and maintains databases to track business performance.
- Analyzes data and summarizes performance using summary statistical procedures.
- Develops and analyzes business performance reports (e.g. for claims data, provider data, utilization data) and provides notations of performance deviations and anomalies.
- Creates and publishes periodic reports, as well as any necessary ad hoc reports.
- May require taking business issue and devising the best way to develop appropriate diagnostic and tracking data that will translate business requirements into usable decision support tools.
- May make recommendations based on data analysis.
- Will provides consultation to other business areas, leadership, or external customers.
- Data analysis and reporting encompass a much higher level of complexity.
- Develop health outcomes reporting for new and existing clinical interventions
- Manipulate, extract and automate extensive data sets
- Apply classical and modern statistical inference and learning (i.e., linear regression, causal inference, time series, cross-sectional modeling, Markov modeling, clustering, etc.) for solving practical healthcare problems.
- Occasionally develop data visualizations leveraging multiple internal and external data source using business intelligence/data visualization applications (i.e., Tableau, SAS Visual Analytics)
- Requires a BS/BA degree in a related field; minimum of 5 years' experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Experience with relational databases and knowledge of query tools and statistical software is required.
- Possess the ability to manipulate and join large sets of data in memory-efficient ways.
- Candidate must have strong analytical, organizational, presentation, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with SQL, Teradata, and or SAS.
- The hired associate will have a strong understanding of medical data structures, including but not limited to (ICD10, GPI, NDC).
- Exposure to and knowledge of gold standard clinical care guidelines (HEDIS, PQA)
- R and Python knowledge and experience strongly preferred.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few. Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America's Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and has been named a 2019 Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity mployer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.