Business Information Security Officer REF#:
28694 CBS BUSINESS UNIT:
CBS Corporate JOB TYPE:
Full-Time Staff JOB SCHEDULE:
Full-Time JOB LOCATION:
New York, NY ABOUT US:
CBS Corporation (NYSE: CBS.A and CBS) is a mass media company that creates and distributes industry-leading content across a variety of platforms to audiences around the world. The Company has businesses with origins that date back to the dawn of the broadcasting age as well as new ventures that operate on the leading edge of media. CBS owns the most-watched television network in the U.S. and one of the world's largest libraries of entertainment content, making its brand - "the Eye" - one of the most recognized in business. The Company's operations span virtually every field of media and entertainment, including cable, publishing, local TV, film, outdoor advertising, and interactive and socially responsible media. CBS's businesses include CBS Television Network, The CW (a joint venture between CBS Corporation and Warner Bros. Entertainment), Showtime Networks, CBS Sports Network, TVGN (a joint venture between CBS Corporation and Lionsgate), Smithsonian Networks, Simon & Schuster, CBS Television Stations, CBS Television Studios, CBS Global Distribution Group (CBS Studios International and CBS Television Distribution), CBS Interactive, CBS Consumer Products, CBS Home Entertainment, CBS Films and CBS EcoMedia. DESCRIPTION:
The Director, Information Security for Showtime will be a major contributor to the CBS Information Security Group, responsible for leading the management of Showtime information security. The position requires an experienced security practitioner with exceptional business acumen and technical knowledge and an ability to operate in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Reporting to the CBS CISO and the Controller of Showtime, the position is responsible for managing Showtime's information security practices, leading development and execution of information security strategies, implementing technical solutions and acting as the security subject matter expert for Showtime.
- Ensure the development, testing and implementation of appropriate security plans, products and control techniques. Help identify protection goals, objectives and metrics consistent with the corporate strategic plan.
- Guide Showtime leadership and managers on information security strategy, architecture design and incident response, proactively addressing the needs of the internal client community in order to consistently meet or exceed defined levels of security.
- Coordinate information security initiatives with IT, Legal, Operations and Privacy stakeholders.
- Act as the liaison between CBS Information Security Group and Showtime stakeholders, coordinating the research, evaluation, design, testing, and implementation of new or improved information security systems.
- Coordinate vulnerability assessments of deployed software applications and enterprise systems, to include penetration testing, architecture reviews and patch management.
- Lead implementation of security in the media supply chain, and high-profile applications such as subscriber-facing applications as well as scheduling and broadcast systems and systems that manage pre-air content.
- Participate in the activities of the internal and external content protection groups and assess third parties receiving pre-air content.
- Work with production teams to identify risks and implement security controls to mitigate them.
- Manage security compliance activities to ensure Showtime is able to meet internal audit, legal and regulatory requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field. Master's degree a plus.
- 8+ years of relevant experience required, with proven knowledge of security architecture design, network security, mobile security, vulnerability management, and threat intelligence/analysis.
- Deep knowledge of security policies, regulations, and compliance issues.
- Strong ability to translate complex IT and security challenges and issues into business risks.
- Willingness to travel.
- Relevant industry-accepted security certifications ( CISSP, SANS, etc.) a plus.
- Knowledge of common information security management frameworks, such as ISO 27001, COBIT, NIST or PCI DSS.
- Proficient in project management disciplines and processes.
- Comfortable working in a matrixed organization and able to work in a collaborative environment across business and technology teams.
- Confident communication skills and ability to provide regular management program/project briefings.
- Solid understanding of the information security landscape, including emerging threats and security solutions.
- Proven expertise with performing security assessments and recommending security solutions to assist with improvement of security infrastructure.
Preferred: EEO STATEMENT:
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled