At MassMutual, we're passionate about helping millions of people find financial freedom and this passion has driven our approach to developing meaningful experiences for our customers. The Data Science Team, part of Enterprise Technology and Experience, is comprised of highly skilled, collaborative, problem solvers who are motivated to create innovative solutions that exceed the changing needs of our customers and move MassMutual " and the industry " forward.
To continue our cutting-edge work, we are hiring a BI Intelligence Developer
to join our Team.What great looks like in this role
Our ideal candidate is a versatile, highly motivated Business Intelligence (BI) Developer who will become part of the enterprise scrum team offering support to the MassMutual Enterprise.
The incumbent will have the opportunity to create, disseminate, and maintain intelligence objects for the organization using enterprise security, data, and application objects to ensure a single version of the truth.
The individual will use their creativity to build and maintain schema objects and abstraction layer on top of various, changing enterprise data assets. Create, share, and maintain intelligence applications for the enterprise. Publish standardized application objects, and promote departmental applications from self-service into the enterprise environment. Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead business intelligence solution architecture, design, development, implementation, and administration for a mid-sized federal client across a complex data landscape.
- Analyze user requirements and, based on findings, design, develops metadata solutions. Partner with BI Engineer in the design of databases and data warehouses to ensure interoperability with BI solutions.
- Interpret and assist in designing normalized and dimensional data modeling as well as experience implementing metadata solutions, and bi-temporal data models.
- Perform metadata modeling, and develop complex integrated data sets from disparate data sources with an expert utilization of SQL and optimization of BI objects.
- Lead data analysis, data modeling and evaluation of new BI technologies, features and products to synthesize innovative production solutions. Perform detailed documentation of design, development, testing and deployment activities. Conduct troubleshooting, analysis and enhancement development based on issues reported. Prepare ad-hoc reports/analysis as needed. Write complex SQL queries and stored procedures for report or dashboard development. Assist with the curating enterprise BI governance materials. Provide technical support as needed within the team and amongst user. Perform BI server upgrades, installations and maintenance. Applying standards and governance of Business Intelligence processes. Monitor environment performance and responsible for environment availability
- Conduct trouble-shooting, analysis and enhancement development based on issues reported. Prepare ad-hoc reports/analysis as needed. Write SQL queries and stored procedures for report or dashboard development. Assist with the curating enterprise BI governance materials. Provide technical support as needed within the team and amongst user.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Information Technology, Computer Science, CIS, Engineering, or Math required with 7+ years professional experience
- Minimum of 5 years direct work experience with the MicroStrategy v10 or greater.
- Experience writing SQL to validate reports and tuning reports query performance.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in Microsoft Office programs
- Authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future
- Master's degree or equivalent in Information Technology, Computer Science, CIS, Engineering, or Math preferred.
- Must be comfortable working with large amounts of data.
- Ability to work individually and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks delivering under the Agile methodology.
- Entrepreneurial mind-set with strong financial acumen and personal integrity.
- Familiarity with IBM Cognos, Tableau, Alteryx, Looker, ChartIO, other BI software etc. is a plus.
- Knowledge with ETL, solutions, relational databases, columnar databases, time series databases, BI Platforms, Big data technology, Metadata, Lineage Quality Modeling, Sanitization, Analytics, ETL and Reporting.