is looking for a BI Developer
, familiar with tools such as PowerBI or Tableau to be responsible for supporting the design and development of dashboards and reports for our customers in the telecommunications industry. This individual will partner with other project team members to understand the data required to be reported on in the source system, design queries and data transformation to pull the data into the business intelligence tooling and create user-friendly dashboards and reports for consumption. MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Partner with pureIntegration subject matter experts in the working of the source system containing the data to be reporting on.
- Traverse, learn and understand the schema of source systems that queries must be built against.
- Create and test data extraction queries and transformations to pull data from the source system into the target BI platform.
- Build dashboards and reports in the target BI platform for consumption by business user teams.
- Partner with the Reporting manager to identify, analyze and document new reporting and dashboarding opportunities and translate them to requirement specifications.
- Complete BI/Reporting changes as assigned and assist with developing, documenting and performing system and user acceptance tests.
- Perform other duties as requested.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
3+ years of Business Intelligence experience with tools such as PowerBI or Tableau
Strong understanding of data extraction using SQL and REST APIs
Ability to take initiative and work in a highly dynamic environment
Ability to handle multiple projects under tight timelines
Ability to work comfortably with technical and non-technical individuals
Ability to synthesize business issues into technical solutions and to document and execute system requirements
Ability to analyze and interpret data
Ability to work independently
Strong technical skills with concentrated abilities in relational database
In-depth understanding of the movement of sets of data, master systems and downstream systems and the way data sets are related to one anotherEducation
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business, or equivalent work experiencePREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
In-depth knowledge of ETL, Data Warehousing concepts
Are you self-motivated, collaborative, and client-focused? Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding career? Then pureIntegration
would love to hear from you! Your career journey starts here!pureIntegration,
a systems integration company headquartered in the DC area, serves clients in the fastest growing industries - communications, media, and entertainment. Our industry-focused offerings and collaborative client approach has resulted in a 97% client satisfaction rating. As a leading service organization, we recognize our most valuable assets are our people, both as individuals and how they come together as a whole. As such, we encourage our team members to become fearless in exploring ideas and opportunities to act on them. pureIntegration is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.