We are currently seeking an experienced, dynamic and collaborative professional to serve as a Business Intelligence Analyst III within our Information Technology team. Reporting to the Supervisor of Business Intelligence you will:
- Guide the team in design and implementation of each solution and will implement improvements of technical standards, development processes, governance, and technologies..
This is an outstanding career opportunity for an individual interested in a genuine professional challenge in support of a public-spirited mission. Responsibilities
Working in a creative and fast-paced environment, the Business Intelligence Analyst III will coordinate with scrum masters / project managers on optimizing scheduling, work allocations, and story assignments. Among others, your responsibilities will include the following:
- Serve as a technical lead in the development of business intelligence solutions.
- Coordinate with scrum masters / project managers on optimizing scheduling, work allocations, and story assignments.
- Manage reporting environment including data sources, connections, security, subscriptions and metadata.
- Assist in initiative towards data access control and integrity across the enterprise.
- Create data models and schema for reliable and highly performant data marts and data warehouse.
- Develops complex ETL (extract, transform and load) SQL scripts to gather data from various databases and systems to make data available for enterprise analytics and reporting.
- Evaluate, test and implement new or upgraded software.
- Troubleshoot reported problems pertaining to reports and the reporting database environment, working closely with other IT members, especially DBAs, Systems Analysts and Systems Engineers, identifying the cause and designing or developing an approach for resolution.
- Assess impact of changes and updates to source production systems, planning and implementing resulting changes to reports.
- Identify areas for improvement within the EDS organization related to architecture, design, performance optimization, development process, workflows, governance, tools/technologies.
- Conduct end user training on data solutions.
- Other specific duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will excel at operating in a diverse and fluid environment, and will be crucial for the success of the Information Technology Division.
- You have Bachelor Degree and/or relevant technical training with no preferred certification.
- You have 5 to 7 years of directly related experience.
- You have 1 to 2 years of operational and/or technical business leadership experience.
- You have 5 years of experience with OLAP, industry standard databases, structured query language, ETL, reporting.
- You have 3 years experience in analytics technologies like Tableau, preferred.
- You have exceptional data analytical abilities.
- You have exceptional communication skills and collaborative problem-solving skills.
- You have strong analytical and project management skills; attention to detail.
Through its administration of the $10 billion Universal Service Fund (USF) programs on behalf of the FCC, USAC works to promote the availability of quality services at just, reasonable and affordable rates and to increase access to advanced telecommunications services throughout the nation. Specifically, the USF programs provide funding for the expansion of telecommunications and broadband access to rural communities and health care facilities, schools and libraries across the country, and low income households. Through program administration, auditing, and outreach, USAC works with contributors, service providers, and program beneficiaries to achieve the program goals articulated by the FCC for each of these programs.
The FCC has reformed the USF to support further investment in and access to evolving broadband infrastructure, making the programs a primary vehicle to support this critical national priority. USAC, as the administrator of the USF, plays a critical role in supporting the ambitious vision to ensure that all citizens in the United States have access to high-speed broadband. The organization has approximately 500 employees with an operating budget of more than $200 million. USAC works in close partnership with the FCC and other federal and state partners to support the achievement of the USF program goals.
USAC administers the USF programs-High Cost, Lifeline, Rural Health Care, and Schools and Libraries. USAC strives to provide efficient, responsible stewardship of the programs, a key national asset in making important telecommunications and Internet services available to consumers, health care providers, schools, and libraries throughout the United States. The program divisions are supported by additional USAC personnel in Finance, General Counsel, Information Systems, Internal Audit, the Enterprise Program Management Office and Human Resources. Consistent with FCC rules, USAC does not make policy for or interpret unclear provisions of statutes or the FCC's rules.
Universal service is paid for by contributions from telecommunications carriers, including wireline and wireless companies, and interconnected Voice over Internet Protocol providers, including cable companies that provide voice service, based on an assessment of their interstate and international end- user revenues. These contributions are most typically passed through to consumers through a universal service fee line item on their telephone bills.
Additional information on USF programs can be found at: http://www.usac.org/about/about/who-we-are/default.aspx
USAC offers a comprehensive benefits package, ongoing professional development opportunities, including vacation and sick leave.
USAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only principals will be accepted. No agencies please.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume, click the "Apply For This Job Online" button.
USAC employees are passionate about our mission. Our work contributes to the success of all Americans. We've worked together to build a culture that is collaborative, ambitious, outcome-oriented, and feedback-focused.