The AAMC seeks a Data and Analytics Specialist to support operations and planning for the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT). A qualified candidate must be a data savvy individual with the ability to turn quantitative and qualitative information into approaches to improve administration of the MCAT exam. S/he must also be comfortable communicating findings effectively, have experience working with predictive models, and a demonstrated understanding of proper interpretation of descriptive statistics is required.
The AAMC collects a great deal of scheduling and test administration data. The incumbent will be responsible for understanding and visualizing these data, producing metrics to judge examinee behavior, and building predictive models to forecast future trends. The incumbent will also oversee the receipt and reporting of all test administration and results data, meeting standards for accurate and timely delivery of scores to 90,000+ examinees each year. Additionally, s/he will be responsible for monitoring the ongoing performance of our test delivery vendor (TDV) to ensure that the vendor complies with agreed upon performance standards.
Monitoring Existing Trends and Forecasting Future Trends
* Identify and validate relevant predictor variables to include in a model to forecast overall and seasonal demand. Use effective data visualization strategies to communicate findings and recommendations.
* Analyze TDV-s proposed plans to meet overall and seasonal demand for upcoming testing years. Identify problem areas and recommend strategies or solutions to address them.
* Contribute to the determination of the MCAT test administration calendar each year.
* Actively monitor and report on current demand, as well as trends indicating shifts in demand to predict constraints on an overall and market-level basis.
* Brainstorm, propose, evaluate, and implement innovations around gaps between demand and current capacity.
Support Exam Result Processing and Release
* Ensure receipt and processing of all data from the TDV.
* Contribute toward development of a new data management process. Once established, serve as business owner for the MCAT data management systems and associated processes.
* Work with our IT development team to resolve any occasional technical challenges related to data integrations and systems.
* Serve as co-business lead and subject matter expert on long-term development projects for enhancements to data integrations and systems.
Business Operations & Vendor Management
* Interpret and improve existing scorecard reports, identifying problem sites and working with our TDV to ensure proper remediation of any site that is not meeting standards.
* Work with our technical team to ensure that AAMC and TDV records remain in sync, including a complete accounting of transactions.
* Reconcile monthly invoices with registration records.
* Develop and maintain operational reports necessary for call center operations and security team investigations.
Data Request Fulfillment
* Generate financial reports that detail MCAT revenue. Analyze and interpret data.
* Generate operational scorecard for senior leadership. Analyze and interpret data.
* Support internal audits of MCAT data and processes
* Perform ad-hoc queries and data analyses supporting MCAT business operations.
* Bachelor-s degree required. Master-s degree preferred in a related field such as Business Administration, Management Science, Data Science, or Operations Research.
* At least five years of related work experience.
* Advanced MS Excel
* Advanced business statistics
* Proficiency in data visualization techniques
* Working knowledge in basic SQL queries.
* Advanced time management and organization skills
* Ability to manage complex business processes.
* Ability to juggle multiple projects and competing priorities while giving attention to detail
* Ability to thrive in a consensus-based decision making environment
The Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative-- Action Employer. The AAMC is committed to the policy of an equal employment opportunity in recruitment, hiring, career advancement, and all other personnel practices. The AAMC will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, genetic information, disability, past or current military service, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Please attach a resume as part of the application process.
It is important that files DO NOT include periods ( . ) within the file name.
BROWSER REQUIREMENTS: Applications must be submitted using Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, or Internet Explorer v.10 or higher.