The AAMC seeks a Business Intelligence Analyst to support operations and planning for the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT). A qualified candidate must be a data savvy individual with the capacity and ability to turn quantitative and qualitative information into suggestions and realizations for ways to improve administration of the MCAT exam. Proficiency in building forecasting models is strongly preferred. The AAMC collects a great deal of data on testing date and location preferences, the performance of our Test Delivery Vendor-s (TDV) systems and testing locations, and about our examinees- experiences on test day. These data support program strategic planning and decision-making around all aspects of test delivery and score reporting.
The incumbent will also facilitate the timely and accurate receipt of exam results data leading to a timely and accurate delivery of scores to 90,000+ examinees each year. Additionally, s/he will be responsible for monitoring TDV available capacity, reconciling invoices, running various operational reports, monitoring TDV and test center performance, and helping AAMC prepare for the annual audits.
Score Release Process Support
* Contribute toward development of a new data management process. Once established, serve as business owner for the MCAT data management and score processing systems and associated processes.
* Reconcile and ensure receipt of all raw results from the TDV for staging and SLA measurement purposes. Compare against registration and attendance records.
* Work with IT on day-to-day technical issues related to data integrations and score processing system defects.
* Serve as co-business lead and subject matter expert on long-term development projects for enhancements to data integrations and score processing systems.
Capacity Monitoring and Forecasting
* Actively monitor and report on current MCAT seating availability, as well as trends indicating shifts in demand to predict constraints on an overall and market-level basis.
* Contribute to the determination of the MCAT test administration calendar each year based on evaluations of historical demand and forecast projections.
* Analyze TDV-s proposed channel plans for upcoming testing years. Identify problem areas and recommend strategies or solutions to address them.
* Brainstorm, propose, implement, and evaluate innovations around capacity requirements and testing footprint.
* Utilize internal and external data sources to develop a model for predicting changes in examinee testing patterns. Use effective visualization strategies to communicate results.
Data Request Fulfillment
* Generate financial reports that detail MCAT revenue. Analyze and interpret data.
* Generate operational scorecard for senior leadership. Analyze and interpret data.
* Support internal audits of MCAT data and processes
* Perform ad-hoc queries and data analyses supporting MCAT business operations.
Business Operations & Vendor Management
* Interpret Test Center Scorecard reports, identifying problem test centers and working with the Test Delivery Vendor (TDV) to ensure remediation.
* Reconcile scheduling and registration system with TDV records to ensure our scheduling database is synced and contains a complete accounting of transactions.
* Reconcile monthly invoices from the TDV for test delivery costs with registration records.
* Develop and maintain operational reports necessary for call center operations and security team investigations.
* Bachelor-s degree required. Master-s degree preferred in a related field such as Business Administration, Education Administration, or Computer Science.
* At least five years of related work experience.
* Advanced MS Excel
* Proficiency with Oracle, PL/SQL queries.
* Advanced time management and organization skills
* Ability to manage complex business processes.
* Ability to juggle multiple projects and competing priorities while giving attention to detail
* Ability to thrive in a consensus-based decision making environment
The Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative-- Action Employer. The AAMC is committed to the policy of an equal employment opportunity in recruitment, hiring, career advancement, and all other personnel practices. The AAMC will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, genetic information, disability, past or current military service, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Please attach a resume as part of the application process.
It is important that files DO NOT include periods ( . ) within the file name.
BROWSER REQUIREMENTS: Applications must be submitted using Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, or Internet Explorer v.10 or higher.