Team comprised of the Database Administration, Business Intelligence and IT Metrics groups. The groups are responsible for ensuring the availability, access, security, and integrity of organizational data, including companies core business data, as well as critical functional data (Finance, HR, etc.). In addition to maintaining data for the organization, we partner closely with key leaders and data users in the lines of business to organize and report on data in a way that facilitate business decision-making. We are also responsible for IT Server and Storage Capacity Planning and related reporting.
* Capacity Planning Analyst for IT Capacity Planning (primarily server and storage), Performance Monitoring, Forecasting, and Chargeback.
* Maintain and enhance current planning, monitoring, and chargeback processes and revise as needed to accommodate changes in system platforms and applications.
* Develop new forecasting models to assist executive decision making for large server and storage purchases.
* Collaborate with IT infrastructure teams to analyze and forecast server and storage resource consumption.
* Maintain SQL ETL applications to ingest and aggregate capacity and performance related data from multiple IT systems and applications.
* Leverage historical IT system data for improving IT operations and reducing system overhead.
* Work effectively as part of a team
* Developing reports and building models to track and predict IT system usage and performance across multiple teams.
* Work with system engineers to interpret historical performance and capacity utilization data and forecast trends based upon analysis and automated reporting.
* Help to form hardware purchase recommendations for IT management based upon analysis of capacity and performance forecasts.
* Support and enhance as needed all IT Chargeback reporting.
* Skilled with reporting and dashboarding tools such as SAP BusinessObjects, PowerBI, Tableau, or Qlik.
* Skilled with Time Series Analysis and Forecasting in R, Python, or other statistical software (ARIMA, Linear Regression).
* Experience with researching and applying statistical or mathematical methods.
* Skilled with building ETL applications for automating data collection and manipulation using Microsoft SQL Server. Experience with SSIS is preferred.
* Skilled with collecting data from REST/SOAP web services using .NET and C#.
* Prior experience working with IT systems or large-scale system related data is desirable.
* Experience with Microsoft R Services or Microsoft Machine Learning Services is a plus.
* Typical candidates will possess at least 2+ years of relevant experience and a BA/BS degree
* Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or similar degree
* R or Python Programming Language experience is desirable