The Clinical & Business Intelligence Developer/Analyst is responsible for the development and production of standard and ad hoc reports. She or he will perform the appropriate analysis to evaluate, monitor, and predict the utilization and service statistics for Mountain Park Health Center.
The Clinical & Business Intelligence Developer/Analyst will efficiently and accurately mine information from various data sources and prepare meaningful reports. The Clinical & Business Intelligence Developer/Analyst will work collaboratively with health center staff and ensure the accurate and timely delivery of data and data visualizations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, code, and test data extracts and related visualizations using various platforms to ensure accuracy and reliability.
- Develop technical design specifications based on functional requirements and implement data collection systems, data analytics and strategies to optimize statistical quality.
- Design and implementation of new solutions and improve existing code to make the reporting efficient and reliable including introducing new functionalities.
- Extracts data from various sources to produce meaningful reporting and related visualizations to facilitate management review and decision making related to day to day operations and achievement of strategic objectives across all functional areas of the organization.
- Perform in-depth data analysis, data modeling, and data administration tasks on complicated data sets with complex data integration scenarios.
- Identify and recommend enhancements for future clinical and business intelligence initiatives
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex quality data sets.
- Create and manage dashboards using Power BI and other data visualization software.
- Manage periodic reporting including improving the process and ensuring timely delivery.
- Maximize efficiency and effectiveness of assigned data activities.
- Must be able to embrace differences among people and to interact with internal staff as well as external contacts in a culturally competent and respectful manner.
- Ability to translate data into useful information via strong analytic, synthesis, and communication skills.
- Must be able to prioritize and organize multiple projects while maintaining attention to detail, accuracy, and meeting deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and a commitment to collaboration among varying entities.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Understanding of HIPAA and HITECH requirements for privacy and security of data
- Bachelor’s degree in Actuarial Science, Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Healthcare Informatics, or related field. Master’s preferred.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience with Microsoft SQL server
- 3 to 5 years’ experience with business intelligence and data visualization tools and techniques including: Tableau, SQL Server Reporting Services, Pentaho, and Microsoft Power BI. Microsoft Power BI experience preferred.
- Experience with business intelligence and data visualization tools and techniques including: Tableau, SQL Server Reporting Services, Pentaho, and Microsoft Power BI. Microsoft Power BI experience preferred.
- Advanced Knowledge of Microsoft Excel including formulas, pivot tables, and charts.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Prefer experience with SQL Server and T-SQL data manipulation.
Mountain Park Health Center (MPHC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to all federal and state law, MPHC prohibits discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity. MPHC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.