Business Intelligence Data & Reporting Analyst
Our client, a $10 Billion global Property & Casualty Insurance company is seeking a Data and Business Intelligence Reporting Analyst to join their Global Management Information team.
P&C Insurance industry experience is a MUST.
- Manage all data requests including initiation, requirements, design and implementation
- Perform Business and Data Analysis for data requests using SQL, and/or other reporting/data mining technologies tools
- Proactively engage with the business to understand both their current requirements & identify up-coming needs.
- Scope out & agree full cycle solutions to identified requirements.
- Build out solutions conforming to agreed processes currently implemented.
- Ensure ‘Master Data Management’ & create structures to maintain its fidelity.
- Align and discuss reporting elements with the Shared Services IT Data Architect and BI Teams
- Develop appropriate data requirements documentation in line with SDLC framework including Data Requirements, mapping, and test plans
- Define data quality plans to address data quality issues; work with business partners to build business understanding of data issues
- Support day to day production inquiries and questions from business partners.
- Support all compliance technology projects in the analysis, documentation, and socialization of data requirements in accordance with the needs of the technology program
- Assist with the end to end project management of reporting and data development projects within the team
- Coordinate project tasks and timelines for data development within the team
- The ideal candidate is a professional with 5-8 years of background as a data analyst and 3+ years of relevant experience with concentration in Data Analysis and Design
- Strong knowledge of relevant technology toolsets for data analysis and documentation including SQL, data modeling, metadata organization, data cleansing, and reporting tools such as Cognos, PowerBI, or other data reporting/data mining tools.
- Must have experience in property and casualty insurance.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Must have experience working with large SQL databases
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Experience in data warehousing is required
- Strong understanding of Excel
- BS in Mathematics, Finance, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics