Business Intelligence Data Analyst
We are one of the world's largest and most successful Fin-Tech companies. We're looking for a curious, driven Business Intelligence powerhouse to join our team to unlock the power of our data for our and provide powerful insights to our enterprise clients.
In this position, you'll be responsible for leveraging our various database platforms and external BI reporting tools to create deep insights for clients. Our business changes quickly, so the ability to explore and understand new data and problems on deadline is key. The analyst works directly with key clients including senior executives so skills to communicate complex information in simple ways is also critical. This position has special responsibility supporting website traffic data and trends, SaaS enterprise product usage patterns as well as identifying causal and correlational relationships
* Create rich, interactive reporting dashboards within MS Power BI
* Work with large amounts of data every day gathering, cleansing, analyzing and summarizing with a keen focus on learning new things (not just doing IT development).
* Develop analytical strategies to solve business problems this involves understanding the business problem, identifying relevant data, gathering and summarizing data meaningfully and applying appropriate statistical analysis to identify causal relationships and predict future outcomes. Deliverables must be high-quality with strong attention to detail.
* Comprehensively learn data and business practices this is a constant process in our changing business
* Operate as the liaison between Digital Analytics team and IT Development team for all projects and releases including testing pre/post deployment of changes to ensure timely and accurate reporting and insights
* Lead strategist for Tag management and develop web analytics tag solution/requirements documentation to ensure all data is captured
* Use SQL to access our databases and work with data
* Partner with ETL/Data Services team to spec new data needs and populate data marts with the right data at the right time
* Use Microsoft PowerBI, Tableau, Excel and other tools to create visualizations and reports to explore and explain data
* Experience with SQL Server T-SQL, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Report Builder, SSIS
* Strong SQL skills are a must.
* Experience with BI tools including Tableau, Microsoft Power BI or Qlik
* Experience with Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, Ensighten or PIWIK are a plus
* Ability to analyze complex data from reporting/analytics platforms and create a narrative for performance and user behavior
* Experience with data modeling/case tools (e.g., Erwin)
* Experience with creative and analytical thinking knowledge of how to ask and answer questions with data
* 3-5 years of analytics experience working with a variety of data sources including data from subscription businesses, web and digital product data such as Site Catalyst. Experience working in a large data environment doing SQL development.
* Experience managing large projects with a close attention to detail and high-quality performance.
Princeton Information is one of the nation's top five privately-held IT consulting firms, in business since 1985. Princeton Information services a clientele of primarily Fortune 500 companies nationwide. With annual revenues over $120 million, Princeton Information operates across the US from multiple regional offices.
Our Commitment to Our Consultants
As a privately held company, Princeton Information is solely committed to the success of clients and consultants - not to any shareholders. PI's success is grounded in the relationships we build with our consultants. We seek the best people; provide career path counseling; as well as the most challenging opportunities in business and in IT. As part of its culture of loyalty and commitment to its consultants, Princeton Information is committed to doing all we can to ensure our consultants have the best possible search, placement and work experience possible.
Working with one Princeton Recruiter will gain you access to over 500 open requirements with the top clients in the US across all industries (finance, insurance, pharmaceutical, commercial, telecom, media, manufacturing) nationwide. Our local recruiters have in-depth knowledge of our clients and opportunities. They will work with you to find you the best possible opportunities for you and your career.
Our relationships with our clients, as well as our consultants, are critical to our success! We have a robust sales organization that ensures that Princeton has the inside track on what attributes a person needs in order to be successfully placed and engaged at our clients. We know the technical and non-technical skills that our clients are looking for and we ensure that you are educated about the client prior to your interview with them. Princeton is committed to going above and beyond to ensure that each meeting you have with a client is a successful one!