Our client is looking for 2 BI Developers to join a team of dynamic, motivated and top notch Developers and Infrastructure professionals.
There are 2 roles open---one for a 3-5 year person and one for a 1 year person.
Their IT team develops and manages custom software, cutting-edge applications and state of the art infrastructure. We are a Microsoft Premier Enterprise customer using their entire product line. In addition, they have created in-house mobility tablet software as well as Apple iOS mobility applications.
For over 70 years, our client has been a family owned wholesale fruit and vegetable distributor. Their customers include grocery stores and foodservice providers in the Midwest. They employ over 700 full time staff in a 600,000 plus square foot facility.
- Proficient analytical skills and problem-solving ability.
- Proficient interpersonal relations and communicative skills.
- Proficient PC skills, including Microsoft Office.
- Ability to interpret and implement detail specifications.
- Thorough knowledge of MS-SQL BI components (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, PowerBI, TSQL).
- Proficient knowledge in Business Objects Crystal Reports.
- Proficient knowledge relating to change management, code review, documentation, and testing.
Experience: 3-5 years related experience preferred.
- Performing various duties to support the design, deployment, and maintenance of Business Intelligence & Reporting.
- Supports Data Warehouse enhancements and operations including table, view, stored procedure, and other changes. Performs query tuning and optimization.
- Develops, monitors, and maintains ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) processes that extract, transform, and load data into the Data Warehouse and BI data objects.
- Meets with Lines of Business and Business Systems Analysts to define reporting requirements and goals and to identify the data needed for meeting business requirements.
- Maintains data dictionary and related meta-data stores.
- Follows change and version control in moving code from development to test/QA and to production environments.
- Participates in the development of BI applications and solutions.
- Develops routines and procedures for end-users to facilitate best practices use of reporting tools and applications.
- Assists Lines of Business with the development and deployment of reports and usage of self-service BI tools.
- Supports the automated report generation, distribution, and archiving processes.
- Researches, reviews, and analyzes the effectiveness and efficiency of existing reporting and ETL procedures and develops strategies for enhancing or further leveraging these processes.
- Follows appropriate incident, problem, change management, and project processes.
- Develops SQL Business Intelligence (BI) reports and applications; may develop other reports using Crystal Reports, C#, or other designated tools.
- Designs, builds, and populates data objects such as SSAS cubes, relational dimensional databases, and SSAS data mining models.
- Designs and builds BI user interfaces such as dashboards and reports using SSRS and Power BI.
- Designs and builds data models to support self-service BI.
- Designs and builds ML and Analytics models using data mining and analytics tools.
- Communicating with appropriate personnel on reporting specifications and training on report use.
- Responding to inquiries or requests for information.
- Maintaining and providing assigned reports.