Tittle: Datawarehouse/BI Developer (Mid-Level)
Location: Blacklick, OH
Duration: 6 months contract to hire w/client
The ETL Developer in Global Technology Services is responsible for supporting our client's business intelligence and data services capabilities to provide actionable, timely information to drive accurate financial reporting, performance monitoring and facilitate business decisions. The position requires hands-on duties with an emphasis on developing dynamic reporting solutions to be successful.
The traditional BI/DW technology stack includes Oracle Exadata, Informatica and Business Objects. Our client has also made significant investments in advanced analytical tools including Tableau, Alteryx and Hadoop.
The team strategy is to encourage development of expertise across more than one of our core technologies and look favorably on individuals that can introduce next-generation capabilities to drive business results.
Business Intelligence / Data Warehousing Development
Design, develop and administer business intelligence / data warehousing applications to support the growing demand for business insight generated by traditional reporting, as well as, next generation analytical capabilities.
Problem Solving / Solution Development
Analyze problem statements, suggest various options to address the problem specifying functionality, integrating systems, applying patches and participating in a multidisciplinary team environment.
Business Analysis / Requirements Development
Analyze and translate business requirements to functional specifications and provide recommendations and right solution design. Develop Functional and technical design specifications and documents.
Client / Team Relationship Management
Interact with client, developers and IT peers to ensure the successful delivery and implementation of modifications into the production environment.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
• BI / Data Analytics / Data Architecture / Big Data certifications are a plus
General Technology Experience
• 2+ years in business and information technology support with a focus on developing and delivering Business Intelligence and Analytics solutions to support a decision management function.
• Experience with next generation BI platforms & big data platforms / architectures is a plus
• Understanding of relational databases, dimensional modeling and data warehouse frameworks (Kimball / Inmon).
• Management of the software development life cycle (requirements through implementation).
• Intermediate to advanced SQL skills are required.
Data Integration / Database / Scripting
• Experience integrating Oracle E-Business Suite with reporting / Business Intelligence solutions is required
• 2+ years in design, development, and/or administration of Informatica (version 9.6.1 or later preferred)
• 2+ years of experience in database scripting using Oracle (PL/SQL, Procedures)
• 2+ years of experience in Unix shell scripting
• 2+ years in design, development, and/or administration of Alteryx (v 11.7 or later preferred)
• 1+ yeas of experience or strong knowledge of big data concepts and architecture including hive, spark, Scala, HDFS, CDP, Data bricks etc
Business Intelligence / Reporting / Data Visualization
• 1+ years in design, development, and/or administration of Business Objects (4.2 SP4 or later preferred)
• 2+ years in design, development, and/or administration of Tableau data visualization and dashboards
Additional Valued Knowledge / Experience
• Experience leveraging Cloud computing solutions and architectures
• Experience with Pentaho Data Integration, Oracle Data Integrator, or Talend
• Education, Publishing, Media or equivalent industry experience
• Experience with data governance best practices
• Experience with Salesforce data
• Complete understanding of BI concepts, best practices, etc.
• Proven ability to translate business objectives to technology solutions