The Business Intelligence Developers may be assigned to multiple project teams over the course of the contract. Each project team will maintain a project plan that includes clearly defined objectives, tasks, and timelines. The Business Intelligence Developers with assist different project teams through the creation of data visualizations and reports to support their program areas.
As defined and approved by management, the Business Intelligence Developers will support ISBE staff by:
• Analyzing and interpreting data using scientific methods;
• Assisting program areas to create data stories using statistical techniques;
• Producing insightful dashboards and reports to answer questions about program data;
• Helping to standardize data visualizations agency-wide to increase functional use of dashboards and reports;
• Preforming data quality checks against data to ensure validity of datasets and make data corrections and “clean” data as needed; and
• Working with management to prioritize business and information needs.