As an integral member of our Supply & Operations Planning team, the Business Intelligence (BI) Developer is responsible for the design, development, implementation and support of mission-critical enterprise Business Intelligence (BI) solutions. Working with cross-functional teams, you will participate to gather and document reporting requirements to meet business needs. You will then transform those needs into technical specifications in order to design, develop, test, and implement BI and analytic solutions that turn data into knowledge.
In this entry level role, you should have a background in data science and business analysis, or related degree. You should be analytical and an excellent communicator. If you also have a business acumen, problem-solving aptitude, and a willingness to learn, we'd like to meet you.
• Gather user requirements and translate business needs to technical specifications
• Design, build and deploy BI solutions as they relate to SQL development projects
• Define, develop, optimize, manipulate, and execute complex SQL database queries
• Conduct analyses from diverse data sets
• Create dashboards, visualizations, and reports for requested projects
• Develop and update technical documentation
• Act as subject matter expert in all areas of SQL report development and data integration
• Provide support as required to ensure the availability and performance of developed processes, reports, and dashboards for both external and internal users
• Pilot and provide proof-of-concept solutions around next-generation business intelligence and analytics tools
• Create, modify, read and understand stored procedures
• Design and implement technology best practices, guidelines and repeatable processes
• Excellent communicator with strong written and verbal communication, including technical writing skills
• Core understanding of database concepts
• Familiarity with BI technologies (e.g. Microsoft Power BI, Oracle BI, SSRS)
• Creative, flexible, and quick to learn
• Proven abilities to take initiative and be innovative
• Analytical mind with a problem-solving aptitude
• BA in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related field
• Basic knowledge of Data Modeling preferred
• Basic knowledge of SQL programming using Microsoft SQL-Server T-SQL, SSIS and SSRS in the 2012+ environment is a plus
• Basic knowledge of Azure cloud infrastructure, and Azure SAS (software as a service).
• Basic knowledge of the following technical tools: SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Integrated Services, Visual Studio, MS Access, and MS Excel
• Desire to learn a vast array of on-premise and cloud technologies
• Curiosity to investigate sources of data and ability to match that data to its related business function
• Strong attention to detail and high quality deliverables
• Team player who is also able to work well independently
• Able to work under pressure, meet deadlines and handle multiple projects simultaneously
The Company is an equal opportunity employer as well as a government contractor that shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a), which prohibits discrimination against qualified protected Veterans and the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(A), which prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability.