Have you ever thought about what goes into getting that can of soup on the shelf at the store? What about how your favorite clothing retailer received their merchandise in store for you to buy? Or even what all takes place when you order online from a retailer and it ships to your door?
Transportation Insight is a premier employer regionally and nationally because of our reputation, workplace culture and growth opportunities. At Transportation Insight, our team members are motivated to improve our clients, our communities and ourselves every day. We solve challenges that help manufacturers, retailers, and distributors get their products to market in a more cost-effective and efficient manner. By joining the team at Transportation Insight you will be a part of the team that plays a vital role in making sure the business to business and business to consumer marketplace has access to the products they need, when they need them.JOB PURPOSE
The Senior Business Intelligence Developer is responsible for providing Business Intelligence(BI) solutions to our clients and internal users. This role will be collaborating with highly-skilled developers and have a passion for designing, developing, and maintaining data warehouse/business intelligence environments and analytics architecture. This role will need to perform analysis to gather business requirements, transforming those requirements into appropriate data models, and developing the ETL process to transform structured, unstructured and disparate source data into the target data stores. Further responsibilities include administration and support of the BI team tools.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and implement ETL procedures for intake and transformation of data from both internal and external sources, incorporating data quality and verification steps
- Provide on-going maintenance and support as required to ensure the availability and performance of enterprise data and analytic environments for both external and internal users
- Create standards for data extracts, analysis, reports, change management processes, etc.
- Generate automated, repeatable and stable processes to support data load, data validation, and data synchronizations for third-party solutions such as our core system BI data warehouse
- Build and maintain the logical, conceptual and physical data models for the data warehouse
- Develop mappings of source data to data warehouse models (source-to-target mapping)
- Maintain the data warehouse metadata documentation and associated data repositories (e.g., data dictionaries) for the data warehouse environment and complex in-house databases
- Perform business analysis to gather required BI system requirements
- Develop and implement interactive analytic reports and dashboards.
- Provide technical and business knowledge support to the team.
- Deliver solutions according to the delivery schedule
- Design and architect complete end-to-end BI solutions
- Support existing tools and products, including after-hours rotations
- Continuously improve data integrations and reporting solutions
- Conform to industry standards for quality and effective data visualization and reporting
- Qualified applicants should have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Science or related field; equivalent work experience and aptitude is acceptable in place of degree
- 8+ years of designing and managing data warehouse architectures
- 3+ years with reporting / analytic tools such as Tableau or Cognos
- 3+ years of ETL code development experience required using Informatica
- Experience with Oracle, MySQL and/or MS SQL Server and SQL query language required
- Possess excellent communication and presentation skills required
- Strong Work Ethic
We are an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, veteran, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. In an effort to recruit, develop and retain top talent, we are committed to a policy of nondiscrimination in all personnel practices to ensure equal opportunity for employment, promotion, and training for a more inclusive workforce.