What does a healthy organization look like in Amazon? With the growing workforce, are we facilitating the right conversations on performance and talent management? What trends are we seeing in our employee and candidate data, and what can managers do about it? What data and insights do our customers (business leaders, people managers, HR, Recruiting) need to enhance their ability to deliver results and improve the employee experience? How can we build an internal tool that is as intuitive and high-performing as our externally facing products? If these challenges sound interesting to you, you want to be a part of building a 'first of its kind' product, and you are passionate about data, consider the Organizational Research and Measurement (ORM) team.
As a BIE on the ORM team, you will be a thought leader and have an opportunity to collaborate with a team of data scientists, business intelligence engineers, software development engineers, data engineers, and product managers to answer these questions and develop products to help Amazon business and HR leaders manage these insights at scale. An ideal candidate will be an advanced user of BI data visualization and delivery tools (such as Excel, Tableau, and Quicksight) and adept at handling large datasets.
Primary responsibilities of this role include:
• Work with the BIE and engineering team to design and develop scalable, user-friendly systems, reports, and dashboards using QuickSight.
• Write high quality SQL code to retrieve and analyze data from database tables (ex. Redshift, MySQL, Oracle), and learn and understand a broad range of Amazon's data resources and know how, when, and which to use and which not to use.
• Develop queries and visualizations for ad-hoc requests and projects, as well as ongoing reporting.
• Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills, and an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field.
- Proven experience in building scalable, enterprise level BI offerings using Tableau, QuickSight, MicroStrategy, etc.
- 1-4 years analyzing and interpreting data and experience with Redshift, Oracle, NoSQL etc. Hands-on experience in writing complex, highly-optimized SQL queries across large data sets.
- Demonstrated strength in data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing.
- Strong analytical mindset, ability to decompose business requirements into an analytical plan, and execute the plan to answer those business questions
- Excellent communication skills, equally adept at working with engineers as well as business leaders
- Master's degree in Business, Engineering, Math/Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field is highly desirable.
- Experience with forecasting measures and machine learning.
- Experience with project management or agile development process is a plus.
- Experience in working and delivering end-to-end projects dedicatedly.
- Able to work in a diverse team.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org