Title: Business Intelligence Analyst
Location: Portland, OR Area
At IGNW (formerly InfoGroup Northwest), we use our deep technical insights, local market knowledge and rock-solid relationships and reputation to create exceptional business outcomes for people and companies every day. We are based in Portland, OR with global partnerships to deliver the industry's top technical solutions and talent to every one of our clients. Our clients, consultants, contractors, partners and employees choose IGNW because we tackle the tough problems, and we care deeply about people while we do it.
This position is responsible for engineering efforts in support of the Research Data Warehouse (RDW). The focus is BI solution design, development, testing and implementation of ETL using a combination of Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), T SQL queries, PL/SQL along with SQL Server and Oracle database objects. The primary Data Source is Epic Clarity and the target is the Research Data Warehouse. This person will work with Microsoft SSIS packages and T SQL and Oracle PL/SQL to process Research and Clinical data to meet analytic requirements. This position will need to perform scoping and estimating on Data Warehouse activities. Present technical information and design proposals in easily understood terms in both verbal and written form. This position is also responsible for detailed technical analysis to assure the availability and accuracy of data processed by the ETL or contained in the client Research Data Warehouse.
Microsoft SSIS and TSQL, Oracle PL/SQL support, maintenance and development
- Build and migrate SSIS projects, TSQL and database objects and perform necessary testing and validation such as unit testing during development and/or QA testing as required.
- Share SQL Server SSIS, TSQL and related development expertise and provide support to data warehouse developers, data analysts, and users in the ETL migration and support of the Research Data Warehouse environment;
- Develop and modify Oracle PL/SQL and related database objects in the ETL migration and support of the Research Data Warehouse environment;
- Participate in peer code review sessions and offer suggestions that improve performance, maintainability, and best practice compliance;
- Review and troubleshoot SSIS packages, TSQL and PL/SQL queries to address errors that occur during nightly and ad hoc processing;
- Apply updates and ensure that data are loaded into the data warehouse according to defined requirements;
- Maintain, support, and apply change data capture (CDC) processes for incremental loading of data
- Apply standard data warehouse transformation concepts for the integration, validation, and organization of data necessary for loading into a dimensional data warehouse environment.
- Perform query and process tuning and optimization
- Follow change and version control procedures
- Apply appropriate security structures and/or policies to data and/or database objects
- Make recommendations on best practices for code maintenance, deployments, and migrations specific to SSIS
- Bachelor s degree in computer science, a related field, or a clinical field and six years work-related experience in the information technology or a combination of clinical or operational healthcare environments
- OR associate degree in computer science, a related field, or a clinical field and seven years work-related experience in information technology
- OR Eight years work related experience in the information technology field
- OR Equivalent combination of education and experience where one year of experience will be substituted for an associate degree and two years of experience will be substituted for a bachelor s degree
- 3 years of experience applying advanced MS SQL server knowledge in the use of SSIS, T SQL and data base object definition.
- 3 years designing, developing, implementing and optimizing Oracle PL/SQL solutions.
- Experience supporting and maintaining a Data Warehouse and associated ETL in a MS SQL Server database.
- Knowledge of data warehousing architecture.
- Ability to read, write and maintain T SQL, define and maintain, MS SQL Server database objects
- Demonstrate Core Competencies as established for your position (Leading Self, Leading Others, Leading Leaders, Leading Function)
- Epic Clarity Experience
- Experience in a data warehouse environment utilizing Epic Healthcare Data and Research Data.
- Proficiency working with Apache Hadoop based open-source tools such as Hive, Oozie, Spark, Kafka, Ranger, Falcon
- Experience with Big Data environments such as Hadoop
- Experience in a research or academic health care environment.
- Experience with HIPAA and PHI compliance
- MS SQL Server Developer Certification
- MS SQL Server Administrator Certification
Please note: Our clients may require that candidates pass a drug and/or background check.
To apply, please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Oregon's Top 100 Best Companies to Work For - 3 years running
IGNW has earned the Best of Staffing Award for providing remarkable service to hiring managers and job seekers. Check it out!
To view other IGNW opportunities please visit www.ignw.io