American Homes 4 Rent
As one of the country’s fastest-growing property management companies of single-family rental homes, American Homes 4 Rent has an exhilarating and fluid start-up culture and permanency of a well-founded corporation, rich with diversity. As pioneers in the industry, solidified by our place on Wall Street, American Homes 4 Rent (AMH:NYSE) is currently looking for qualified candidates. With a culture of unprecedented growth, quality and innovative collaboration, we are seeking personalities to complement our attributes.
The Business Intelligence Reporting Analyst (BIRA) codifies business logic using SQL and produces visually appealing business intelligence for end users to consume. The BIRA works with business stakeholders to identify reporting requirements necessary to improve visibility into their performance and areas of improvement. The Business Intelligence Reporting Analyst will interact regularly with internal business customers to capture and understand reporting and data service requests, they will help define and clarify requirements, propose, define, and develop appropriate solutions, and provide feedback to the reporting team. They will perform quality review of developed solutions and ensure proper user acceptance. This essential position provides the necessary feedback to grow our business and gain efficiencies.
- Utilizes Tableau and other business intelligence tools to develop analytical content including reports, dashboards, and ad-hoc analyses and data sets
- Codifies business logic in SQL to meet reporting requirements for all areas of operations
- Collaborates with business unit owners to constantly improve work product, debug erroneous logic, and create new features in existing report packages
- Utilizes relational database and data warehouse design skills to create an effective
- data model for efficient and robust historical and real-time reporting
- Elicits requirements when necessary using interviews and data analysis; defines requirements for and performs user-acceptance testing of new data in the data warehouse
- Supports end-user adoption of Tableau through trainings and creation of documentation.
- Logs, tracks, and manages issues and requests in JIRA
- Handles various other duties as delegated by the Business Intelligence Reporting Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, Engineering, Economics, Statistics, Management Information Systems or a related field required
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience working with Business Intelligence, Analytics or Data Warehousing technologies required
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience utilizing proven requirements gathering and business analysis techniques required
- Must have a complete understanding of the business intelligence development life cycle including the ability to conduct interviews and gather the needs for desired outcomes for the BI solutions being built
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience developing and maintaining relational databases (SQL Server preferred) required
- Advanced Microsoft Excel experience required:
- Writing and using advanced functions and formulas (e.g. lookup & reference, nested logical expressions, aggregation, etc.)
- Advanced Excel features (e.g. conditional formatting, data validation, pivot tables, external data connections)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word) and JIRA required
- Master’s degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, Engineering, Economics, Statistics, Management Information Systems or a related field preferred
- Three (3) years of experience working in real estate environment preferred
- Working knowledge of Tableau highly preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication and problem-solving skills
- Strong business/financial analysis skills and technical aptitude
- Must be able to multi-task
Work where you feel right at home –
If you are a versatile professional who values culture, a constructive environment and the potential for exponential growth, we want to work with you! Apply now and someone from our Talent Acquisition team will reach out to you soon!
Information regarding AR’s collection and use of your personal information can be found at
Related keywords –
Business intelligence reporting analyst, business intelligence, BI, IT, information technology, management information systems, business analysis, computer science, property management, full time, databases, mathematics, physics, engineering, economics, statistics, real estate, data warehousing