CGI Federal is seeking a Business Objects Developer with solid data migration background and familiarity with Extract Transform and Load (ETL) solution. This project is located onsite with our Federal client in Rosslyn, VA. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, relishes working with different data volumes and enjoys the challenge of highly complex financial business roles. Furthermore, the candidate will possess strong analytical and data skills. Strong background with SAP Business Objects and SAP Data Services is desired. A successful candidate should have strong writing skills and should be able to communicate effectively and comfortably with all levels of CGI and client management. Your future duties and responsibilities
* Design and develop Business Objects reports, universes, Explorer Information spaces
* Design and develop ETL from multiple data sources into relational or In-Memory database engine
* Troubleshoot with SAP Business Object Data Services or other similar tools
* Server management and administration including basic scripting
****An interim Secret clearance is required to begin working onsite with our client, and a Secret clearance must be maintained throughout the project duration. Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US citizenship is required. Required qualifications to be successful in this role
* Experience in BI reporting and data migration
* 2-3+ years' experience in dimensional data modeling, ETL development, and Data Warehousing or data-mart environment.
* Excellent knowledge of SQL and Windows/ Linux OS
* Knowledge of Data migration / integration with SAP Business Object Data Services
Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
* Business Intelligence background in SAP Business Object is highly desired,
* Understanding reporting essentials in order to coordinate with and assist reporting teams with issues and/or Server side
* Good knowledge of Oracle database, and/or In-Memory database SAP-HANA
* SAP Business Object Data Services ETL technical capabilities to include experience in implementing and optimizing ETL process using SAP Business Object Data Services
* Knowledge of an Enterprise Job Scheduling software is a plus*LI-RS1 At CGI, we're a team of builders. We call our employees members because all who join CGI are building their own company - one that has grown to 65,000 professionals located in 40 countries. Founded in 1976, CGI is a leading IT and business process services firm committed to helping clients succeed. We have the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for our clients - and for our members. Come grow with us. Learn more at www.cgi.com.
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary depending upon specific assignment, or upon any US government security clearance if required. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, gender Identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, or other status protected by law. CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless
the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.
Department: Digital Insights (Data/BI)