Synectics for Management Decisions (SMDI) is seeking a Sr. Test Engineer to join their growing team. The qualified applicant will become part of the Datawarehouse and Business Intelligence services (DWBI) project for a large federal agency in Arlington, VA
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
• Develop and implement quality control methodologies to ensure compliance with quality assurance standards, guidelines, and procedures in a large Datawarehouse project
• Conduct peer review of requirements, design, testing and other project documents.
• Lead testing effort, develop test plan and test scripts.
• Perform data analysis and data profiling as required to successfully understand and test the ETL
• Participate and contribute to sprint planning sessions by providing testing estimates
• Develop SQL scripts based on business requirements, for verification of data using SQL Developer
• Document test results and performance metrics and provide report to client
Desired experience and qualifications:
• 5+ years’ experience in quality assurance and demonstrable familiarity with using modern test methodologies in DWBI development environments including use of automated tools
• Experience working in Datawarehouse and Business Intelligence projects
• Experience with leading Business Intelligence tools such as OBIEE, IBM Cognos or Business Objects
• Experience with any combination of Agile, Scrum, Kanban, Lean, or SAFe methodologies
• Experience working with JIRA, Zephyr, and Confluence
• Experience in developing test scripts using SQL
• Knowledge of Data Warehouse concepts and technologies;
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
• Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint)