Overview Ou r Te a m Te c hno l o g y S e r v i c e s G r o u p ( T SG)
p r o v i d es r e l i a b l e, r e s il i e n t, n e x t - g e n er a t i o n e n ter p ri s e t e c hn o l o g y i nf r a s t r uc t u re an d s upp o r t t ha t e n a b les B N Y M e ll o n e m p l o yees to d el i v er t h e w h o le f i r m to t h eir co l le a g u es a n d c lie n t s a r o un d t h e w o rl d . W e a re c o n t i nu o u s ly i m p r o vi n g a u t o m a ti o n an d b ri d g i n g t h e g a p b e t w e en c os t, c u s t o mer n e e d s , an d i nno v a t iv e t oo l s t o e n s u re t h e b e s t p oss i b l e e xp e r i e n c e.
As part of TSG, the Enterprise Capacity Management, Global Data Centers, and Operations team-s vision is to deliver world class capability and services to:
- Capture and qualify demand requirements across all IT infrastructure components to deliver capacity by enterprise application and by business, when and where needed, at agreed performance levels.
- Optimize the utilization of the firm-s existing infrastructure capacity to maximize ROI.
- Accelerate decommission and reuse of infrastructure capacity to achieve cost avoidance.
- Finetune the application and infrastructure components to achieve peak performance.
- Deliver best-in-class hybrid Data Centers strategy to reduce overall footprint and modernize support capabilities.
- Plan and govern disaster recovery exercises across infrastructure operations
O u r t e a m m e m b e r s u s e t h e i r te chn i c a l s k i l ls an d bu s i n e s s k n o w l e d g e t o b ri n g f o rth so l u t i o n s t ha t w ill t a k e o u r c o m p a n y i n t o t h e f u t u r e . I f y o u a r e a c o l l ab o r a t i ve c o n ti nua l l e a r n er w i t h a gl o ba l m i n d - s et an d a d e s i r e to con t r i b u te t o o u r c o m p a n y - s t o p p r i o r i t i e s , t h is is t h e p l a c e f o r y o u . T h e R o l e
As a Business Management Analyst supporting the CAO/COO, you will engage in analysis, development of strategies and recommendations, and provide regular insight over financial management, business plans, process improvements, project implementations, performance metrics, workforce management, risk identification and mitigation, regulatory compliance, and communications. You will work closely with management to understand their needs, develop and implement appropriate guidance, direction, and communication. You will work across business and/or functional management teams to implement and enforce policies, standards, and processes that require knowledge of key business or function roles and organizational design.
You will possess the skills to coordinate, manage, and oversee day-to-day projects, tasks and initiatives, and proactively identify roadblocks to complex problems and develop solutions through to implementation, and have ability to synthesize information, prioritize business goals and drive results with a high sense of urgency. Key Responsibilities (including/assisting but not limited to):
- Driving strategic planning and governance principles and processes to focus organizational priorities
- Developing annual IT Opex and Capex budgets, governing and tracking of forecast changes / variances, and providing insight into related drivers for -Run the Bank- and -Change the Bank- initiatives.
- Developing business intelligence capabilities to enable and enhance decision making and proactively manage risks within the department. Includes models to accurately analyze and project operational and financial trends and dashboards for visual presentation.
- Developing and maintaining process to capture and communicate Total Cost of Ownership of global data centers.
- Preparing workforce forecast (on/offshore employees, contractors, consultants), manage / administer workforce recruiting and hiring change controls, and overseeing performance management processes.
- Developing and maintaining COO / CAO procedures, methodologies, and governance, as well as performance management frameworks and metrics, to ensure the organization delivers value to the enterprise
- Providing strategic insight and thought leadership to assist evolve, optimize, streamline, and automate workforce and financial governance processes.
- Monitoring and tracking third party management and vendor compliance activities (on-boarding, contracting, on-going, terminating, off-boarding)
- Partnering with key functional areas, including Risk, Finance, Sourcing and HR to support key business priorities, ensure operating effectiveness, and create a constructive collaboration and dialogue on key issues
- Aligning with Risk and Audit functions on risk deliverables and monitoring organizational response and compliance to the operational risk framework, control environment and ongoing improvement to operating effectiveness.
- Aligning with overall firm employee programs and leading employee engagement efforts, including organization communications, townhalls, training and development programs and events.
Performs reactive and proactive processes and activities required to design, implement, maintain, and improve the compliance and performance of operations processes on complex projects. May allocate/coordinate work within a team/project. Performs complex data mining, trend analysis, metric and report production, process maturity and compliance assessment, process flow charting, and iterative process activities (e.g. validity checks, change reviews, data quality checks, and process reviews). Identifies and defines the sequence or procedural workflow of process activities and tasks. Creates process requirements, reviews functional requirements, validates solutions, coordinates and participates in testing, coordinates and participates in process rollouts for complex or multiple enhancements. Engages with stakeholders that cross multiple functionalities for process development, implementation, and support. Investigates and methodically analyzes, diagnoses and resolves any suspected or reported performance issues, questions, incidents, or problems identified through monitoring activities. Identifies, measures and records the Organization s, Process , and Performers current-state performance results to establish the baseline measurement for performance improvement initiatives. Contributes to the achievement of related teams' objectives. Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belt, 6-8 years of related experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belt, 6-8 years of related experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- 7 years- experience in an IT business management
- Strong written/verbal communications skills
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills, and experience engaging with various levels of management and across functional organizations. Able to promote a culture of collaboration and teamwork across organizational boundaries.
- Highly organized with outstanding attention to detail, able to work effectively under pressure, manage priorities and multitask, and meet tight deadlines within a dynamic environment.
- Pragmatic problem solver, forward thinking with independence of thought
- Demonstrated experience identifying and implementing opportunities to improve operations and performance
- Strategic and project management capabilities coupled with strong to excellent analytic and financial acumen.
- Strong to excellent Excel, PowerPoint, Power BI and Power Automate skills.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of IT systems and infrastructure
- Experience working across cultures and flexibility to work non-standard hours at times due to global nature of role
- Project Management experience desired but not required