This is Kyle Wagner from Yoh Staffing. We have a requirement for a Business Planner in San Diego, CA. Please review the job description below and if you’d like to pursue this, please include a word copy of your latest resume along with a daytime phone number and rate in your response.
Job ID: 197740 (8110209)
Position: Business Planner
Location: San Diego, CA 92127
Duration: 4+ Months
Pay rate: Open
• Work in coordination with internal business partners and Global stakeholders to deliver the business operational support to Sony’s headphone business in North America region (US and Canada).
• The responsible fields include monthly sales forecasting, annual budget making, shipment scheduling, inventory procurement from client’s affiliate companies & OEM 3rd vendors, IFC management, VMI warehouse management, logistics, returns, monthly reporting and holding PSI review meeting with CPFR planners in each Account teams, and etc.
• The role also includes preparation of base materials such as templates for monthly sales forecasts & budget (Simulation File), PSI reviews with CPFR planners (Channel PSI), weekly inventory procurement placement (Marketing PSI), and others.
• This individual serves as one of the key business planning contacts with Tokyo (SVS)/ Factory (SOEM) counterpart as to inventory management, PO adjustment & inquires, and financial analysis.
• The planner is expected to actively participate in big / smaller daily projects to drive SNA Headphone business forward with speed and efficiency.
• The other role is to provide periodical support to client’s HES management with accurate, timely and relevant financial information reporting.
Key Responsibilities & Scope for Decision Making Finance Process Management:
• Ensure PO (Procurement Orders) placed in each week is adequate and strategic enough to support the future market demands.
• Deliver accurate and complete financial information in legitimate format (Simulation File), provide efficient & proactive finance support through monthly close process to direct reporting line and above.
• Arrange monthly Channel PSI review (Seihan) meeting with each CPFR planners and issue meeting minutes.
• Collaborate with Tokyo and Malaysian Factory counterparts in timely manner on various topics including PO adjustment, sales forecasts inquiries and any special project like production advancement, ship hold, product constraint, and other problem solution.
• Occasionally communicate with each Sales team on hand inventory availability and incoming schedules.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance is required or equivalent
• Minimum 2 to 3 years of experience in finance or business planning
• Expertise of SAP Finance and ERP Modules including BW is a plus
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills; Excel expertise critical
• Experience and / or understanding of consumer & business technology industry would be a strong advantage
• Must have proven ability to communicate effectively with Internal and External customers/business partners at various levels
• Strong analytical skills dealing with vast amount of data and details
• Skill of identifying weaknesses in processes and recommending continuous improvement initiatives
• Solid understanding of sales marketing and business planning in performing sales & profit analysis
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Customer Focus
• Problem Solving
• Business Acumen
• Customer Focus
• Interpersonal Savvy
• Process Management
• Peer Relationships
• Timely Decision Making
• Action Oriented
• Drive for results
Key Performance Indicators
• Sales forecast accuracy (Monthly)
• Inventory Days of Supply (D/S) management
• Timely coordination and efficient management of monthly PSI review with CPFR planner.
• Accurate and in time sales forecast submission
• Inventory Procurement (Weekly) with elaboration