GEICO is seeking a Business Solutions Architect
with deep diverse experience who can evaluate business architectures and high-level design translating them into specifications that drive software development.
Our Business Solutions Architect is responsible for interpreting and contextualizing operational needs through a technology lens. The focus is on strategic alignment of business and technology and execution of IT enablement. You will develop specific deliverables that establish business cases, capabilities, value streams and organizational context. In addition, you will leverage your collaboration skills to align analysts, developers, and Technical Architects to business solutions. Our Business Solutions Architect also plays a crucial role in representing your domain to various levels of leadership, demonstrating business and software capabilities, and fielding questions.Responsibilities
- Understand, interpret, and create designs that implement capability solutions based on architecture created at the enterprise architecture level.
- Manage activities that take place during solution ideation, solution design, and solution implementation.
- Effectively communicate business design solutions to systems analysts conducting design reviews to ensure detailed specifications align to overall solution design and quality expectations.
- Work with the Technical Solution Architect to resolve conflicts between design and code solutions.
- Develop and executes solutions which reduces the percentage of time spent on reactive work.
- Engage with mid and senior levels of technical and business leadership with clear communication, appropriate levels of context and explanation, using visual and data representations when needed, to effect decisions and direction for solution design, bridging the gap between business and IT.
- Ensures solutions meet cyber security requirements
- Responsible for contributing to the IT Architecture practice that continually seeks to evolve to meet business and technology changes.
- Develop domain roadmaps and assist with project portfolio management.
- Effectively manage priorities, deliverables and timelines with little need for escalation
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate appropriately
- at all levels of the organization; this includes written and verbal communications as well as visualizations
- Excellent Analytical and problem-solving skills
- High attention to detail
- Ability to work under indirect supervision
- Broad understanding of information technology topics
- Effective interpersonal skills and collaborative style
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Capacity and commitment to acquiring new skills outside of current area of expertise
- Creative and open-minded
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a business solutions architecture role in large complex organizations
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in P&C Insurance with a strong understanding of insurance and insurance business processes
- 5+ years' experience in the following areas:
- Developing strategic, business, and data context models
- Defining business capabilities and value stream development
- Use of model-based representations to collect, aggregate or disaggregate complex and conflicting information about the business
- Planning and deploying both business and IT initiatives
- Application of architectural principles to business solutions
- Expertise with Microsoft applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and SharePoint) or similar software
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent education or work experience
Note: The safety of our associates, both current and future, is GEICO's highest priority. At this time, most of our associates are working remotely due to the current COVID-19 pandemic. Candidates who are selected for this position will be trained remotely and must be able to work from home in a designated work area. Once GEICO determines it is safe for associates to return to the office, candidates may be required to work in our Chevy Chase, MD office.
As a Business Solutions Architect, you'll enjoy our Total Rewards Program* to help secure your financial future and preserve your health and well-being, including:
- Premier Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance with no waiting period**
- Paid Vacation, Sick and Parental Leave
- 401(k) Plan with Profit Sharing
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Training and Licensures
*Benefits may be different by location. Benefit eligibility requirements vary and may include length of service.
**Coverage begins with the pay period after hire date. Must enroll in New Hire Benefits within 30 days of the date of hire for coverage to take effect.
The equal employment opportunity policy of the GEICO Companies provides for a fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial status, disability or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. GEICO hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
GEICO reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to receive equal employment opportunity and/or perform the essential functions of the job, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship to the Company. This applies to all applicants and associates. GEICO also provides a work environment in which each associate is able to be productive and work to the best of their ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment. We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining an atmosphere free from discrimination and harassment with mutual respect by and for all associates and applicants.