Innovation is in HP-s DNA. From our origins in a Palo Alto garage in 1939, to our current position as one of the world-s leading technology companies, HP has grown to become a leader in technology and corporate culture, inspiring innovators and entrepreneurs around the globe.
Today, the Emerging Compute Solutions team at HP is reinventing how we deliver technology to our customers and the Business Strategy Manager
will play a key role in that. We live in an -everything as a service- world - entertainment, food, fitness, and many consumer and professional services. Commercial organizations should be able to consume technology in that same way to get end-to-end device, support, and IT services they need while having more predictable spend and fleet refreshes. Our solution, HP Device as a Service (DaaS) is our response to this market transformation and we are building and developing a best-in-class, multi-OS Services portfolio powered by software, cloud, analytics and machine learning as well as expert IT resources. Job Description
The team is seeking a Business Strategy Manager
with a passion for technology, products, roadmap planning, business strategy and the desire to make an impact through new service creation, new business model creation and strategic partnerships. This role will contribute directly to the growth of HP, its customers and it partners. Specifically, you will either lead or assist across four key areas, including business planning & current business measurement; partner & acquisition analysis and execution; business analysis & optimization; and business metrics & insights.
You will need to apply knowledge of strategy principles; be able to synthesize internal, market & customer research; have strong business modeling and data analytic skills; and be able to communicate effectively and persuasively with peers and senior executives across multiple teams. You will act as a project leader providing direction to cross-functional activities and facilitating information validation throughout the decision process. Key Responsibilities
Education and Experience Required
- Key member of the long-term planning and annual budget process team. Understand key business priorities and translate into funding requirements. Drive multi-functional process to secure full funding approval.
- Maintain monthly dashboard of spending to budget, and other key metrics that drive and measure business performance
- Key participant in highly strategic initiatives including M&A strategic planning process, target landscape/ pipeline development, business case development for M&A targets, conduct due diligence/ supporting of deal execution of prospective opportunities.
- Construct financial and statistical models that incorporate industry standard information sources, valuation methods, and statistically relevant data
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis for key strategic assessments, including building business cases for new opportunities being evaluated
- Act as a project leader providing direction to cross-functional team activities
- Interpret and synthesize data to identify major conclusions and formulate recommendations for optimizing business and financial performance
- Support the design of metrics and measurement programs to define success for an initiative
- Prepares project plans, objectives, and deliverables.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Typically, 3-5 years total experience
- Experience creating and leading strategic projects and initiatives
- BA or BS in Marketing, Finance, Strategy or Technology related field
- MBA or demonstrable equivalent preferred
- Excellent analytical thinking, analysis, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including presentation, discussion and influence
- Ability to take strategic concepts and translate then into operational plans and financial models
- Ability to analyze and drive insights from industry and customer research
- Excellent project management skills, including project structuring and managing multiple work streams independently
- Advanced business acumen, consulting, investment banking, venture capital, private equity experience is a plus
- Strong knowledge of as-a-Service business models, software and/or Services business and P&L structure is highly desirable
- High proficiency with standard Office tools (Excel; PowerPoint). Experience with data analysis tools such as Tableau, PowerBI, highly preferred