Business System Analyst
Technical Product Management navigates the Technology organization on behalf of business partners, vets all technical requests, then works to articulate clear vision, goals, strategy and ROI resulting in product roadmaps. This team proactively brings new ideas for products and services to business partners based on deep knowledge of the business vertical. Technical Product management prioritizes requests with business partners and translates them into an actionable plan for the engineering team.
- Facilitate Joint Application Design (JAD) sessions with Business and Technology Partners
- Own one or more feature areas of a technology product
- Work with the team leader on defining scope and strategy through product artifacts (feature requirements / specifications) for one or more feature areas of a technology product
- Drive feature prioritization for a product through collaboration with functional team leaders and user representatives
- Demonstrate a strategic understanding of the rational for design choices for the product feature area
- Identifies unaddressed issues and resolves, escalated or finds the appropriate business or Technology owner to ensure the highest quality for the product feature
- Facilitate Joint Application Design (JAD) sessions with business and Technology partners
- Create business process maps to document current and future state processes.
- Maintain functional requirements throughout entire project lifecycle
- Create and maintain strong relationship with business partners
- Work closely with project manager to manage any required changes in scope
- Effectively communicate requirements with Technology team (Architecture, Development, QA, etc.).
- Participate in testing and functional certification process..
- 5+ years of experience working on large, complex technical products
- Must be highly adaptable to perform in a fast paced environment
- Must have a minimum of 4 years’ experience in Product Management, Engineering, Business Analysis or related discipline in mature information technology organizations
- Create written and graphic documentation to capture business and functional requirements, including Unified Modeling Language (UML) artifacts such as use cases and activity diagrams where necessary
- MS Office (proficient/expert in Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint)
- Experienced in iterative development methodology
- 3-5 years’ experience in the broadcast or media industry
- Highly familiar with Software Development Lifecycle Methodology (SDLC)
- Ability to work either independently or closely with others as the needs of the project dictates
- Excellent analysis and communication skills.
NYC, NY /Hartford, CT – Some Travel Required
Expected Start Date:
Immediate- 1 week
Number of Positions