Our direct client is looking for Sr. Snowflake developer in Plano, TX. Pls send me your resume, contact details, best rate and current location.
- Seeking a Snowflake Developer to assist in the creation of a client Data Lake on an Amazon Web Services platform.
- The Business Intelligence group is responsible for designing, building and maintaining the operational and analytical capability for FI.
- The data infrastructure is going through significant growth, and this is an opportunity to take a contributing role.
- Building a Data Lake on Snowflake hosted on AWS. This is a long-term initiative which starts with foundational buildout in 2019 followed by prepared and curated layers.
- Solid understanding of database engineering and design (Relational, De-normalized, Data Lakes, etc.)
- Five to eight years of Solid programming skills experience in database development
- Hands-on experience with at least one Snowflake development & implementation of the project- load the data from S3 Bucket to Snowflake and vice versa.
- Strong Database experience in Oracle, Hadoop/Hive or DBMS (Snowflake, NoSQL a plus)
- Knowledge of AWS or Azure platforms
- Experience developing Python, OR ETL, OR SPARK OR SQL based code that reads/writes data into databases
- Comprehensive experience with database systems and related software
- Ability to read and interpret physical data models
- Solid knowledge of DBMS optimizer and performance tuning techniques
- Ability to translate requirement documents into technical solutions
- Knowledge of Agile development
- Good communications skills in addition to being a phenomenal teammate
- Developing ETL solutions (Datastage nice to have)