BUSINESS SYSTEMS ANALYST - FUNCTIONAL SUPPORT
The Division of Finance and Administration (DFA) provides services and support to over 50,000 students, faculty, and staff with the mission of advancing UCI’s brilliant future and the vision of becoming world-class campus partners. DFA serves the university as planning partners, problem solvers, and solution providers—striving to make it as easy as possible for people to get the services they need, when they need them. Working closely with campus financial management, the UCI Controller’s Office is a trusted strategic partner divided into three core teams: Accounting & Fiscal Services, Procurement Services, and Financial Services. The Financial Services team provides support and resources to both the campus and Medical Center in the areas of billing, collections, payment services, disbursements, loan administration, student tax information and business systems analysis.
Applies business process and analysis concepts and department / unit and location policies and procedures in a fast-paced, high-volume processing environment that includes both the UCI main campus and the medical center. Analyzes practices and organizational policies and procedures to recommend, design and implement system efficacies and efficiencies to resolve a variety of business process problems. Works on business process issues of limited to moderate scope including legacy systems integrations with external agencies and processors. where evaluation of processes, procedures and data requires analysis using a variety of factors. Provides functional and technical end user support and business content expertise to support the $2 billion multi-system, multi-constituent Financial Services portfolio. This portfolio includes working knowledge of integrations between 28+ systems and/or programs including data transfers from key campus stakeholders. This position is a key participant in all financial services implementations. These ancillary systems are ERP agnostic and can integrate with any ERP in the Higher Ed market -this allows for both the current stabilization of Financial Services’ systems and accelerates part of any future ERP project. This position is responsible for keeping abreast of the rapid technology growth in many campus areas outside of the legacy systems as well as for multi-tasking across all systems.
Compensation Range: Commensurate with experience - mid level role
Department Website: https://dfa.uci.edu/
- Formulates and defines limited to moderately complex systems scope and objectives. Analyzes business processes and problems to understand and validate functional business requirements to meet end-user needs. Gathers, analyzes and documents functional business requirements. Works with constituents to analyze information and elicit business requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases/scenarios, business analysis, task analysis and workflow analysis to revise existing systems or implement new systems.
- Identifies, evaluates and develops limited to moderately complex systems and procedures. Executes unit integration and acceptance testing according to developed plan. May participate in cross-functional teams to address business process or systems issues.
- Assists with project plan development and end user documentation. Gathers and analyzes data to prepare business process and procedural documentation. Assists with implementation of changes in development, maintenance, system standards and collaborates with Stakeholders in the creation of specifications.
- Helps develop basic user interface designs. Provides support on new applications.
- Uses excellent communication and interpersonal skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships across the organization. Communicates technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel at various levels of the organization. Develops documents including functional requirements (business requirements document), project plans, use cases, process documents, workflow documents, test plans, policies and procedure documentation and training materials using natural language that is simple, clear, unambiguous and concise.
- Works with confidential information in a discreet and professional manner.
- 4 years’ experience in business systems analysis in a high volume, integrated, multi system environment.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
- Demonstrated ability to work with others from diverse backgrounds.
- Intermediate knowledge of related areas of IT.
- Self-motivated and works independently and as part of a team.
- Able to learn effectively and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrates strong analytical, critical thinking problem-solving skills.
- General knowledge of business and process analysis functions.
- Knowledge relating to software design.
- Demonstrated testing and test planning skills.
- Skills associated with analysis of processes and issues of moderate scope, information flow and architecture.
- Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate technical information to technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization.
- Interpersonal and communications skills to work with both technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization.
- Excellent decision-making, time-management, and planning skills.
- Demonstrated experience with Cognos, Tableau, or similar reporting tools.
- Knowledge of FERPA, HIPPA, PII and PCI best practices.
- Demonstrated experience with Cascade and HTML website management.
- Knowledge and experience with accounting practices and systems.
To review the complete posting and apply, please use this link:
UCI Business Systems Analyst
Final candidate subject to background check. As a federal contractor, UC Irvine is required to use E-Verify to confirm the work status of individuals assigned to perform substantial work under certain federal contracts/subcontracts.
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
UCI provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities upon request. For more information, please contact Human Resources at (949) 824-0500.