Only local San Francisco Bay area candidates!
Direct W2 employees only! No 3rd party agencies!
Genentech's Managed Care Customer Operations (MCCO) is looking for a new jr. Data Steward for our Master Data Management team. You will primarily be responsible for researching, ensuring quality and accuracy, and stewarding master data from multiple sources to enhance the data quality of MCCO's Managed Care Data Mart (MCDM). You will assist in defining new stewardship rules and apply best practices to ensure the highest quality data is available to support decision making. In this role you will be expected to develop your knowledge of the Biotech / Specialty Pharmacy industry and apply that knowledge to your data quality research.
In addition to your core responsibilities there will be opportunities to develop data queries, extracts, and scripts to assist business users. There will also be opportunities to provide support on IT project initiatives.
Day-to-day activities include:
● Research & stewardship of multiple master data sources
● Root-cause analysis of MCCO MDM discrepancies or data quality issues – in partnership with a cross functional operations teams that includes: Contract Operation's (C-Ops), Manage Care Contracts (MCC), Field Analytics and Operations (FAO), and Genentech Commercial Operations Informatics (gCOI) Teams
● Developing data quality metrics and work cross-functionally to get alignment on metric definitions and developing consistent methodology for generating metrics
● Writing SQL queries and/or Python scripts for data validation, data research and custom reports
● Window of communication for business partners and IT to quickly identify and resolve any issue
● Assisting users with Qlikview reports or creating Qliksense reports
● Assisting IT with SQA/UAT project efforts
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following competencies critical to this role:
● Strategic agility; Links responsibilities with the mission of the organization; focuses on activities that add the most value
● Technical and business expertise; Applies emerging knowledge and trends; builds strong relationships; contributes to expertise within and beyond assigned area
● Managing change; Accepts change as positive and adapts accordingly
● Teamwork and collaboration; Creates an atmosphere of openness and trust; collaborates; offers support and encouragement
Who you are:
● Proficient with SQL, Python and/or R preferred
● Relevant experience in a pharmaceutical, biotechnology or related industry contracting environment is a plus
● Experience with Master Data Management (MDM), data governance, data quality solutions is a plus
● Ability to research and resolve data or process issues and identify potential solutions
● Willingness to partner with others and a proven track record of collaborative work relationships
● Strong organizational and time management skills: proven ability to effectively manage and complete multiple priorities and projects
● Strong attention-to-detail
● A strong interest and demonstrable orientation toward process development and management
● Can influence others without authority
Burlingame, CA, 94010Contact