Our client is a privately held Financial Services/Private Equity company located in Simsbury, CT.
This position will start out working in Simsbury, CT but will eventually move to Hartford, CT location.
The IT Business Systems Specialist works within Business Systems function to provide a wide range of application and database support to all employees.
Reporting to the Vice President of Business Systems, this is a critical hands-on position that will make significant contributions in reporting, data management, application administration and governance initiatives. As a new role within IT, it provides the opportunity to expand Business System s impact as a trusted business partner dedicated to maximizing every employee s ability to get the most out of commercial and proprietary applications. A critical area of contribution is supporting a multi-year migration of portfolio administration, management, accounting and CRM systems to an integrated commercial platform.
IT Business Systems will be key to supporting the configuration, data integration and reporting features available through this new platform, and facilitating its effective use is a core requirement for the position.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the finance industry and demonstrate very strong communication skills and a commitment to providing outstanding service. Candidates may travel occasionally (potentially one or two times a quarter) to regional offices on the Northeast, however the position will be based in central Connecticut office.
- Gather requirements, document specifications and build reports using native capabilities within enterprise business applications (Oracle OBIEE and Smartview, eFront, Dynamo, Equitrak)
- Develop custom reports in SSRS, PowerBI and other tools to address requirements which cannot be fulfilled in commercial applications
- Develop proficiency in the administration of business systems to support user account management, configuration of security settings, data interfaces, GUI updates and automated workflow
- Participate in the identification, evaluation and piloting of potential software and vendor service purchases
- Perform occasional maintenance of website including use of content management tools to implement page updates
- Enforce and enhance IT change management process by documenting business requests and progressing changes through implementation in compliance with policies
- Monitor and troubleshoot automated processes for data and systems integration such as file delivery and ETL
- Support the enhancement of intranet and SharePoint sites through application configuration and creative use of content editing and integration capabilities
- Create systems documentation such as end user help guides, process flow diagrams and logical/technical depictions of systems architecture
- Partner with IT Operations and Infrastructure team to provide end user support for application and data issues and enhance the automation of IT s internal support and change management workflow
- Apply knowledge of information and systems security best practices to operate and record evidence of security controls related to business systems
Key Experience and Technical Qualifications:
- Bachelors (4-year) degree from an accredited institution
- High proficiency in one or more enterprise reporting tools such as SSRS, PowerBI, Tableau, SAP Crystal and Business Objects, IBM Cognos, Oracle etc. is required
- Working knowledge of SQL Server relational database design and the fundamentals of tables, queries and stored procedures is strongly preferred
- Extremely strong Microsoft Excel skills are required
- Knowledge of Visio for diagram and process flow creation preferred
- Working knowledge of HTML and website construction, with experience in the Squarespace platform a plus
- Familiarity with asset manager portfolio management and accounting software desired
- Experience supporting/configuring CRM platforms helpful
- Experience supporting/configuring Microsoft SharePoint helpful
- Basic knowledge of programmatic scripting such as Powershell, VBA helpful
- Experience with eFront software and report development is desired but not a requirement for the position
Key Skills and Business Experience Qualifications
- At least 5 years of professional experience in a fast-paced, intensive work environment alongside highly motivated peers
- Extremely strong verbal and written communication skills are required
- High proficiency in the documentation of detailed business requirements and technical specifications for consumption by varied audiences
- Familiarity with Financial Services, especially the institutional asset management industry, is preferred
- Knowledge of the Private Equity asset class is helpful but not required
- Candidates must be detail-oriented, organized and process-focused. They will be comfortable managing their own time and balancing multiple concurrent projects.
- Ability to quickly redirect efforts as needed and reassess priorities.
- A refined ability to collaborate and build rapport with internal clients is critical.
- Candidates must be intellectually curious and eager to explore new areas of technology and learn new skills when needed to support the wide range of IT services
TO APPLY: Please email resume to Lisa@taskmanagement.com