Join a team that puts its People First! Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For list for six consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.Job Summary
We are looking for an experienced Business System Analyst
to join our Robotic Process Automation (RPA) team! This position is a key liaison between offshore and onshore engineering teams who implement robotics and process automation and business users who perform the process work. In this role, you will partner with our citizen development teams to articulate and translate software requirements into technical specifications and process designs to aide in the implementation of automation solutions. Essential Functions
- Be the liaison between RPA Engineering teams and business units to communicate required business capabilities and expected outcomes.
- Conduct interviews to gather requirements and translate business requirements into user stories and design solutions using different mapping techniques (empathy mapping, customer journey, service blueprinting/persona mapping) to document process workflows.
- Ensure supplemental requirements (accessibility, error handling, security, supportability, usability, etc.) are captured to deliver a secure, reliable, and high-performing solution.
- Support the intake process by understanding the business problems to solve, assessing feasibility for automation, and identifying the right automation solutions to recommend with clear ROI.
- Manage backlog and lead workshops to identify and recommend appropriate and emerging automation solutions based on business needs.
- Collaborate with business users, onshore and offshore developers to conduct requirement walkthrough and signoff to ensure clear understanding of requirements.
- Manage ongoing requirement changes and scope creep through change management process to reduce requirement churns that can lead to rework.
- Communicate work progress, timeline, and impediments to customers. Mitigate risks and issues to ensure deliverable deadlines are not impacted.
- Support UAT test process with access to lower environments and test data creation.
- Participate in QA or testing activities, including integration testing, and user acceptance testing to ensure a high-quality product.
- Support launch readiness by ensuring all the required access to production environments and other relevant access and approvals are granted before go-live.
- Assist with incident triage, fixing bugs, respond to customer escalations, and other activities that lead to issue resolution
- Recommend continuous improvement ideas and assist with implementing solutions to improve quality of service and enhanced user experience.
- May lead a project team if required with the ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Required to perform other duties during and outside of normal work hours based on business needs.
- Experience with Agile methodology and best practices.
- Excellent, proactive problem solver, strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze complex requirements and define technical/functional advanced solutions.
- Excellent communication skills in both written & verbal.
- General knowledge of te chnologies and platforms such as .Net, API/Web Services, AWS, Azure, Service Now, enterprise IT systems, and system level OS/hardware as it pertains to security
- Demonstrated Business System Analysis expertise, working within a Community of Practice/Center of Excellence
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, IT, or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years of working experience as a Business Systems Analyst or similar roles
- Experience with RPA/ML technologies (UI Path, Automation Anywhere, Blue Prism) is a plus!
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.