Grapevine Technology is an Information Technology recruiting firm focused on quality candidate placement with high profile client companies. Our client in New Haven, CT has an opening for a Business Systems Analyst.
Mid to Professional level Analyst. Demonstrates an advanced knowledge of business areas to resolve problems, assess current state vs. future state and perform gap analysis. Works as a team member on multiple projects; provides program requirements for multiple individuals; ability to act in a lead role. Provides internal consulting assistance and analytical support on insurance and financial administrative systems processing. Reviews and analyzes system enhancements, new products, production support initiatives, program modifications and administrative procedures recommending changes, improvements and implementation requirements. Coordinates, consults, and leads Business Analysts of varying levels to convert operating/user department data, storage, maintenance, database analysis and report display/generation of data requirements into business specifications for software program design and compilation by the programming staff. Ability to manipulate and work with large amounts of data and various data models and be able to interpret and recommend actions based on that data.
- Analyzes and evaluates incoming business requests to provide realistic effort and time estimates of software development impact based on technical knowledge and expertise. Recommends procedural and business process workflow changes and improvements and program modifications to improve system accuracy and efficiency. Provides technical alternatives to help solve problems or assist in new system design/enhancement.
- Lead other Business Systems Analysts, Business Analysts and Business Partners on IT Projects with specific focus on the technical, data, and system requirements.
- Establishes criteria for business specifications to meet need. Reviews operating department requests to determine feasibility of tasks; suggests alternatives as necessary.
- Reviews and approves testing criteria and test cases to assure new functionality and regression testing is included.
- Provides technical guidance to other team members to facilitate cost-effective solutions that provide functionality that meets or exceeds business requirements.
- Performs data mapping and data research to evaluate imbalances and propose corrections to technical team.
Systems and Technical Knowledge:
- Ingenium, Life70, and AWD is a plus.
- AQT (Intermediate to Advanced if possible).
- Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint (Intermediate to Advanced).
- Comprehensive understanding and detailed knowledge of insurance policy life cycle, systems capabilities, interface impacts, data storage and data mapping if possible.
- Proven track record of full end-to-end participation in SDLC and JAD processes.
- Superior knowledge of databases, spreadsheets, and other reporting and quantitative applications.
- In Addition, Manager would like some who is Analytical (problem solving, reporting, etc), Technical (data warehousing, SQL and XML), and Financial (general ledger and accounting experience).
Education: BS or BA in related field.
Experience: 5+ years programming and related insurance industry experience or equivalent combination of training and experience.
Licensing / Certification: FLMI desirable.
If you are interested in this position, please apply via Dice.com.
No sponsorship available. NO TRAINING VISAS. NO THIRD PARTIES. NO CORP to CORP.