Evanston, IL Description:
Business Systems Analyst
The Systems Analyst Senior will work on the documentation, impact analysis, testing and implementation of new initiatives, support release/upgrade testing, and maintain system configurations. This position will interact with business users and developers on new initiatives and releases. This position will also work with the web service integrations for myHR Learn, monitoring error logs and troubleshooting production issues. Specific Responsibilities
Strategic Planning: Planning and Requirements Gathering
- Consults with junior analysts, end users and peers to document and analyze business and functional requirements, identify gaps and alternative approaches to meet requirements, and ensure all deliverables completed (adhering to approved methodology and documentation standards). Often convenes and facilitates working groups in this capacity.
- Consults with functional users and technical and reporting staff to determine best approaches, ensuring that approved solutions are implemented in a timely and correct fashion.
- Contributes to defining methodology and documentation standards, and periodically reviewing them to integrate appropriate industry practices.
- Represents organizational area in regard to advisory groups, planning committees, and similar standing work groups whose purpose is to develop requirements related to the implementation of enterprise business systems.
- Acts as a subject matter expert, reviewing and verifying that documentation of training materials, process, procedure and system/application configuration is accurate.
- Documents implementation scope and complex use cases.
- Coordinates project resources to ensure that tasks are completed on schedule and that issues, risks and variances are identified and escalated in a timely manner.
- Participates in team and end user meetings.
Development: Building Configuration, Testing and Implementation
- Writes test scripts and performs detailed testing for complex use cases to ensure that the implemented software functions correctly.
- Facilitates iterative feedback processes among users, developers, and analysts to ensure software functionality aligns with requirements. Influences decision making based on prior implementation experience.
- Builds and updates configuration setups and associated features.
- Conducts User Acceptance Testing Sessions.
- Creates and tests any applicable reports.
- Troubleshoots, analyzes, tests, and documents production support issues and tickets; implements solutions.
- Executes release/upgrade testing.
- Evaluates software and enters complex configurations to meet user needs.
- Collects feedback from users on application performance and escalates complex critical performance issues with technical resources and management.
- Facilitates troubleshooting with technical, reporting and application resources to analyze and resolve production issues in a timely manner. Able to identify root causes based on prior system knowledge and advanced analytical skills.
- Provides work direction and/or supervises staff such as subordinates, contractors, vendors, students, etc.
- Recommends staff hires/terminations. May provide input into position descriptions; participates in recruiting process.
- Coaches and mentors junior staff.
- Manages moderate to complex projects ensuring timelines, deliverables and expectations are met.
- Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree in a major such as computer science, information technology, or related; OR appropriate combination of education and experience.
- 4 years of functional/business/system analysis or other relevant experience required.
- Experience in the following:
- Infrastructure: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook)
- Project: collaboration and teamwork, facilitate collaboration, functional documentation, organizational skills, planning, write proposals and project charters
- Analytical: Critical Thinking, Decision Making, Judgement, Problem Solving, Troubleshooting
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas, both orally and in a written form, to both technical and non-technical staff.
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook)
- Service Orientated Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Experience in a higher education institution.
- Experience with Oracle/PeopleSoft's or similar HCM products.
- Experience with Workforce Software, Kronos or similar Timekeeping product is a plus.
- Experience with Saba Cloud or other Cloud Talent Management Systems.
- Experience working with/in the Human Resources discipline.
- Experience with an enterprise-wide system
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com