CGS is currently seeking a Business Systems Analyst / Systems Analyst for a contract to perm servicing the mortgage industry. Position can reside in Mesa, AZ, Fort Worth, TX or Santa Ana, CA. This individual will provide and become a SME (Subject Matter Expert) in technical and analytical support to business processes throughout the organization. Will be responsible for working directly with the Business Unit, IT, Clients, Vendors, and internal departments to analyze requests, document business requirements and implement solutions.
- Ability to write Microsoft SQL queries (ability to integrate large amounts of data and draw conclusions from data gathered) - proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio).
- 1+ years of experience in Insurance and/or Mortgage servicing industry.
- 4+ years of previous experience as a Business Systems Analyst.
- Experience with Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS).
- Bachelor Degree or or equivalent education, training and work-related experience.
- Proven analytical abilities working in Agile, Scrum and Waterfall development environments.
- Attention to detail with the ability to understand how a process fits into the overall business model.
- Capable of breaking problems into component parts and addressing each individual issue in order to develop an appropriate and thorough solution.
- Ability to understand technical functionality and documentation and produce non-technical documentation with potential problems and escalate.
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills with a disciplined mindset.
- Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadline.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engage with the business and technical teams to identify potential solutions and provide recommendations and thought leadership.
- Partner closely with teams to execute solutions and act as a liaison between the customer community and business owners.
- Create and maintain documentation for system functionality, including user stories, use cases, UML diagrams, system diagrams, process diagrams, component specifications, and other technically related documentation.
- Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives by assessing effectiveness of current processes, programs and systems to recognize opportunities for standardization, increased efficiency, cost reduction, increased quality and improved user experience.
- Research and analyze system and manual processes and prepare written recommendations for changes and/or improvements.
- Apply business process and functional knowledge in helping to solve complex issues; influence requirements and processes to streamline and simplify solutions that meet the business needs.
- Involvement in the solution design, prototyping, application configuration/integration, conference room pilots, documentation, testing, training, and project management.
- Able to articulate associated impacts, including upstream and downstream processes.
- Articulate and confirm understanding of business requirements to IT developers.
- Participate in the development of procedures for newly designed processes or systems.
- Support Business Unit during implementation of new clients and services, including ad-hoc training.
- Responsible for staying up to date on system changes in order to effectively respond to production support issues reported by the user community.
- Perform detailed ad hoc analysis using a variety of tools, including database programs; organize and write reports; summarize results in a meaningful format.
CGS specializes in IT business solutions, staffing and consulting services. With a strong focus in IT Applications, Network Infrastructure, Information Security, and Engineering. CGS is an INC 5000 company and is honored to be selected as one of the Best IT Recruitment Firms in California. After five consecutive Fastest Growing Company titles, CGS continues to break into new markets across the USA. Companies are counting on CGS to attract and help retain these resource pools in order to gain a competitive advantage the rapidly changing business environments.