Tailwind Associates, an EOE, has a full-time direct-hire opportunity with our client in Schenectady, NY for a C#/.Net Developer
The Software Developer will have responsibility to code software applications to adhere to designs supporting internal business requirements or those of external customers. This individual will work closely with quality assurance to ensure that all quality assurance procedures are followed as an integral part of the software development life cycle. This individual will also work closely with Product Management to ensure that the software adheres to the functional requirements spec.
This individual will have an in-depth understanding of the software development life cycle. They will need to stay current in the latest application development methodologies and tools.
- Develop new features and support existing features in Visual Basic (preferred) or C# .NET, Silverlight, XAML, Objective-C and web services (RESTful and/or SOAP)
- This is a Full-Stack Developer role
- Code, test, debug, implement, present and document highly complex programs.
- Designs systems and programs to meet highly complex business needs. Prepares detailed specifications from which programs are developed and coded. Creates appropriate documentation in work assignments such as program code, and technical documentation.
- Gathers information from existing systems, analyzes program and time requirements. Assists the Director of Development Operations and Development Product Owners in preparing time estimates and justification for assigned tasks.
- Supports personnel in resolving fairly complex program problems. Works with client and management to resolve issues and validate programming requirements within their areas of responsibility. Provides technical advice on complex programming.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Three or more years of programming or testing experience
- Experience working with appropriate programming languages, operating systems and software
- Intermediate to advanced-level experience working with relational databases to facilitate programming software (SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle)
- Strong skills in programming
- Working knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming principles
- Strong personal computer and business solutions software skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills for design, creation and testing of programs
- Good interpersonal skills to interact with customers and team members
- Good communication skills to work effectively with team members, support personnel, and clients
- Ability to work as part of team and independently
- Experience in the Requirements, Design, Coding, Unit/Integration Test lifecycle phases is preferred
- Experience coding in a team environment using a revision/source control system such as Subversion is desirable
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, sex or age.