Opportunity to join a 100+ year old Iconic Dallas Corporation with annual revenues of over $5 billion. This IT organization is going through significant positive changes and transformation driven by new Senior IT Leadership that are known as creators of great work environments.
The organization has a great benefits package as well as the opportunity for some work from home once you are up and running.
Responsible for designing and developing web application solutions, components, shared API service solutions, vendor and cloud platform integrations and enterprise services in a primarily .Net environment. Assist in the definition and maintenance of development standards and design principles. Responsible for ensuring alignment to the enterprise and solution architecture standards, industry standards, and best practices when designing or changing applications. Promote Agile development methodologies, DevOps and the continued automation of processes.
Responsible for designing and developing web applications, shared API services, and back-end application solutions, including producing design artifacts, developing and testing applications, service and component code, supporting the testing, change and release management, production operation of the code.
- Build full-stack software solutions according to software engineering design best practices for maintainable and extensible code. Use approaches that allow incremental continuous improvement within the constraints of an existing technology stack while taking advantage of opportunities to make the technology stack more effective
- Design and develop web, front end, shared service, and back end application solutions
- Partner with Lead Developer, peers and third-party development teams for design and review of projects with respect to adherence to coding standards, and industry best practices
- Partner with InfoSec, Infrastructure and Operations teams to move applications and services to PAAS and IAAS solutions on Azure from a private cloud-hosting provider
- Work with peers and QA team members to replace existing manual UI and functional tests with full automation in an effort to significantly shorten QA cycle time as well as promote CI/CD practices
- Pursue technologies and techniques that accelerate the software delivery capabilities of the team.
- Identify, gather, and promote use of technology processes and systems through the use of Agile and DevOps methodologies
- Partner with Application Support teams to identify areas needing proactive application functionality and data monitoring and then implement an automated monitoring solution
- Work with Lead Developer to build out automated build and deployment pipelines using the VSTS platform, replacing existing manual processes, to enable faster software delivery
- Analyze and provides fixes for defects discovered in Production or testing cycles. Participate in technical reviews with the project team or technical lead
- Develop software code to the specification, create and execute test cases, build, deploy and support applications in production
- Perform complex programming and systems analysis for projects with integrated systems and multiple applications in support of end-user needs
- Completes tasks through the complete software development lifecycle beginning with design, architecture, and development through implementation
- Serve as liaison between users and information technology professionals to establish user needs, technical design requirements, and analyze and resolve issues related to functionality and performance needs discrepancies
- Develop designs for reliable and maintainable applications.
- Translate business needs and requirements into technical specifications
- Participate in the definition of design pattern standards and principles.
- Ensure alignment to the enterprise and solution architecture standards, industry standards, and best practices when designing or changing applications.
- Strong progressive work experience in application development with strong experience working with design, develop and delivery teams for full .Net stack development, including C#, MVC, WebApi, JSON, .Net Framework, SQL Server, etc.
- Solid database experience (SQL).
- Very proficient with .Net web technology (e.g. - .Net Web API, MVC, C#, XML, HTML, SSL, IIS).
- Experience building out and maintaining test automation (e.g. Unit, Integration, Acceptance, Load, Performance, etc.).
- Source-code management using TFS Git or GitHub. Including code reviews using GIT pull requests.
- Good understanding on the principles of ESB, SOA, Event-Based programming.
- At least one continuous integration tool (e.g. VSTS, TeamCity, MSBuild, Jenkins, etc.).
- At least one automated deployment tool (e.g. VSTS, Jenkins, Octopus, etc.).
- Good experience with Test Driven Development, mocking frameworks, IoC, dependency injection.
- Middleware & Enterprise API management tools as well as component-based architecture.
- Highly proficient with MS-SQL and developing complex queries, stored procedures and developing ETL (SSIS) / SSRS processes in order to migrate / transpose data from various data sources.
- Working experience with LINQ to SQL as well as an ORM such as Entity Framework, Hibernate, Dapper, etc.
- PowerShell and other scripting languages.
- Project-level experience with Agile methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban.
- Development against the SiteCore CMS is a big plus.
- Experience with cloud-based PaaS/IaaS providers (e.g. Rackspace, Azure, AWS) and working with virtualized systems, including: application servers, databases, and networking infrastructure is a big plus.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with cross-platform mobile application development is a plus
- Strong SDLC, project management, time management, and tracking/reporting skills.
RedRiver offers benefits including Major Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD and 401k. More positions @: http://redriversystems.com/jobs/#/jobs RedRiver Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer.