C# .NET Application Developer
The .NET Applications Developer II is responsible for delivering custom business solutions using the Microsoft technology stack. He/she will perform analysis, design and implementation of solutions that satisfy Company’s needs. The individual will lead and coordinate projects from a technology perspective, following SDLC activities and standards that are consistent with Company best practices. The individual will drive the architecture and design of user interfaces, business objectives and overall infrastructure. This individual must be able to take high level direction, formulate a plan to achieve the goals and execute the plan.
Software applications are typically focused around the day-to-day business processes supporting legal and administrative staff. Job duties may include, but are not limited to research, evaluation, and recommendations of enabling technologies. The job responsibilities will also include mentoring developers and other business users through hands-on assistance, and providing production support activities during non-business hours.
A Bachelor’s Degree is preferred in mechanical, computer, or electrical engineering discipline. 6 plus years of software development experience with 5 plus years of web-based software development in .NET technologies (C#, ASP.NET, MVC, SQL Server). Should have strong understanding of SOA, TDD, SOLID principles, and systems architecture concepts. Prior experience with ASP.NET MVC (versions 3 and up), WCF, jQuery, HTML5/CSS3, responsive design, Entity Framework, and Dependency Injection frameworks are desired. Must be familiar with agile or other iterative development methodologies. Must possess requirement and component level estimation, database design and development skills. A strong desire to stay current on development best practices using emerging technologies and industry trends. Knowledge of SharePoint is a plus.
The ideal candidate must have excellent judgment, problem-solving, oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, as well as the ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-project environment while building positive working relationships. In addition, candidate must be self-motivated, organized, and able to multi-task and effectively prioritize competing demands on time and attention. Experience in a law firm or global professional services environment preferred.
CORE JOB SKILLS
- Listening, understanding and articulating technical and non-technical information (both written and oral formats) to customers, peers and/or management in a one-on-one or team context with some oversight.
- Effective production support activities, including advanced technical writing.
- Documenting small to medium scale projects with some supervision, and is involved in developing and delivering presentation.
- Ability to solicit input from internal and external sources, including the ability to investigate and weigh best practices from other firms, analyzes input and use sound judgment.
- Is required to make decisions or communicate across organizational boundaries.
- Involved in anticipating problem troubleshooting scenarios and analyzing ways in which to avoid the problem completely or greatly mitigate its risk. The goal is to minimize the trade-offs between cost containment and/or timeliness of service so that both are somewhat achievable.
- Does "whatever it takes" to support the tactical and strategic goals of the team and in the Firm.
- Recognized as a positive and motivational force on the team.
- Recognizes and Defuses complex interpersonal issues effectively while managing customer expectations. Sets follow up steps in accordance with best practices.
- Negotiates skillfully and compromises in very difficult situations to build relationships internally and externally for the team.
- Managing organizational development by dissecting complex situations and refocusing on the most critical technology tasks.
- Contributes through a high degree of technical expertise/professional mastery in solving critical and complex problems or opportunities facing the team or group.
- Provides feedback to management on strategic recommendations.· Fosters environment of innovation and change.
- Aligns changes with the organization's strategic direction and objectives and customer expectations.
- Recognizes the scope of problems and understands the impact of changes on others.
- Identifies short and long range organizational needs.
- Articulates the vision and strategic plan.
- Creates a clear focus on internal and external customer needs.
- Coaches and mentors.
- Delegates responsibility.
- Promotes cooperation.
- Encourages and rewards risk-taking.
- Develops small intra-team program and leads small to medium projects.
- Proficient in the use of project management software.
- Reports on progress and project milestones.
- Frequently updates teams and management via formal presentations.
- Focuses on outcomes and achieves results.
- Expert level knowledge of at least one technology (e.g., architecture, design).
- Understands multiple projects in order to integrate them into business solutions.
POSITION SPECIFIC SKILLS
- May analyze, design, configure, develop and implement intermediate-level solutions to meet business needs and objectives.
- May work with business owners, DBA(s) and vendors to create integrations both to/from vendors.
- Provides intermediate Level 3 support. Investigates operational or systematic problems and provides resolution using intermediate analytical skills and tools as necessary.
- Prepares project proposals and develops project plans. May lead small projects.
- Maintains up-to-date awareness of current and future directions of business industry and associated technologies.
- Investigates and documents present procedures as liaison with user departments.
- May develop and maintain application security, design and documentation according to legal compliance requirements.
- Must understand Microsoft Windows Operating system architecture
- Must understand Microsoft Windows Office System
- Ability to participate in all aspects of application SDLC including Agile methodologies
- Must have experience the Microsoft Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server
- Must participate in daily team scrums and code reviews
- Must understand Microsoft SQL Server
Current K&E Technologies
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2015/2017
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server / VSTS
- .NET Framework, ASP.Net, Web services, Web API
- C#, VB.Net, JQuery, Lynq, HTML5, CSS3
- SQL Server
- MVC Framework
- Entity Framework
- Windows Communication Foundation
- Knowledge of SOA (Service Oriented Architecture) and N-Tier Architecture.
- Advanced Awareness of the Software Development Life Cycle and development methodology (i.e. Scrum Agile)
Nice to have:
K2 workflow development