Job Description:Role: C# Backend Developer/ Pentaho
Our client, a Risk analytics firm with offices in New Jersey, is seeking a C# Backend developer with Pentaho skillset for a long term consulting assignment.Responsibilities:
Work on new and existing applications along with enhancements to websites, web applications, and infrastructure.
• Performs hands-on coding and assists in the architecting web based solutions.
• Performs code and architecture reviews.
• May serve as a liaison to internal customers, research groups and various business support areas.
• Take ownership of projects and mentor team members.
• Must work independently with minimal supervision.
• Troubleshoot and maintain complex applications.
• Participate/Lead design and technical meetings. Core Skills
C#, ASP.Net MVC, Pentaho
, NUnit and Moq, LINQ, Any Micro ORM, REST, Agile Development, SQL Server. Experience
• 5-10 years of proven experience in software development and system maintenance.
• Ability to develop advanced concepts, techniques and coding standards.
• Solid ability in developing Service oriented applications using RESTful services using ASP.NET
• Deep knowledge of Object Oriented Programming, and Data Structures
• Experienced at developing elegant-yet-simple systems using best practices and design patterns.
• Expertise in developing applications using Visual Studio.NET, ASP.NET
• Have good hands on in Performance & Tuning with ASP.NET
Mini Profiler, Glimpse etc.
- Should have strong knowledge in Pentaho Data Integration Tool (Version 5, 6)
- Exposure to various Steps & Transformations in Pentaho.
- Hands on day to day ETL and SQL programming experience.
- Perform tests and validate all data flows and prepare all ETL processes according to business requirements
- Adhere to development methodologies, standards, naming conventions and best practices
- Prepare project related documentation during the different stages of the project as required
- Perform root cause analysis on all processes and resolve all production issues
- Ensure configuration management, Code Migration, versioning and release management (Atlassian, GIT)
- Collaborate with others developers
- Nice to have experience in Cloud Computing & Shell scripting.
- Desired Skill Set
- Exposure to Microservices Architecture.
- Overall knowledge and working of AWS.