Jacobs has partnered with NASA to support space flight programs for more than 40 years. The majority of work is directly in support of LaRC, but occasionally includes other industry partners and Government agencies at remote sites. The Center Maintenance, Operations, and Engineering (CMOE) contract comprises of three major categories of work - operations, maintenance, and engineering (OME).
- Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software containing logical and mathematical solutions.
- Independently develops and/or improves upon techniques and procedures to solve complex problems; coordinates with others on technical work in support of projects.
- Creates top-level design specifications based on interpretations of user requirements.
- Represents the organization in technical liaison with external organizations.
- Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment as long as the user requirements are met.
- Demonstrates a high level of proficiency in developing or maintaining applications using C#.net and Microsoft SQL Server and/or Oracle's DBMS.
- Demonstrates knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft's Team Foundation Server (TFS).
- Possesses and can demonstrate SharePoint administration skills.
- Displays a familiarity with Microsoft's SQL Server Reporting Services.
This is not a REMOTE POSITION.
U.S. Citizenship is required. BS degree in a computer or system science discipline from an accredited college or university and three (3) to five (5) years of progressive, relevant experience, or any equivalent combination of education, experience, training and certifications.
Office environment (100%). May be exposed to areas of high noise levels, hazardous propellants, explosives, chemicals and industrial facilities. Appropriate PPE and training will be provided for all conditions.
Must be able to stand and/or sit for extended periods (100%) as well as lift up to 35 lbs.
Equipment and MachinesTravel required (<5%)
Standard office equipment - PC, telephone, fax, copier, related equipment (100%)
Regular attendance mandatory (100%)
Overtime/work outside normal schedule required (10%)
Other Essential Functions
U.S. Citizenship required. Valid driver's license is required. Must be able to work in a team atmosphere. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance as required.