A Software Development Engineer designs, develops, tests, installs, and maintains systems, applications, networks, and/or telecom and related processes to meet the functional objectives of the business. Assesses system, application, network, and/or telecom needs, provides modeling and simulation consulting to clarify client technology functionality, and evaluates and implement new advanced technologies. Ensures adherence to established technology standards and consults with senior leadership on technology solutions. Supports existing systems and is responsible for leading technical aspects of a project. Responsible for assigning resources and delegating tasks to meet project deliverables.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
• Networking knowledge, IIS knowledge, Visual Studio, TFS
• Provide senior-level systems design, development, C# and .NET, relational databases and distributed n-tier application platforms –
• In-depth understanding and demonstrated expertise working with Microsoft web-based technologies including. Experience with ASP.NET Core is also a plus. ASP.NET WebServices with Soap, WCF, and REST.
• Must also be thoroughly grounded in the fundamentals of REST.
• Serve as a technical expert in the evaluation and testing of the capabilities, characteristics and requirements of existing and emerging technologies
• Conduct design and code reviews across project work
• Make recommendations as to feasibility of implementation
• Provide technical leadership and mentoring to colleagues, users and staff
• Design, develop and implement comprehensive testing strategies. A strong understanding of unit testing, mocking and integration testing is required.
• Knowledge of and ability to utilize application design methodologies, tools and techniques to convert business requirements and logical models into a technical application design.
• Knowledge and ability to create models and standards to govern which data is collected, and how it is stored, arranged, integrated, and put to use in data systems and in organizations
• Knowledge of, and ability to use, strategies, practices and tools for developing content to support sale, implementation, support and use of software products.
• Knowledge of concepts, philosophies, processes and disciplines for service-oriented IT architecture; ability to design and manage a service-based IT architecture that emphasizes sharing of business processes and supports business agility
• B.S. Computer Science or equivalent experience
• 5+ years of experience developing with .NET and C#; REST fundamentals
• Tenacious desire to continually learn new technologies
• Ability to quickly learn new technology and apply knowledge to solve technical and business problems
• Strong database skills a must. Should be completely adept when it comes to working with SQL Server.
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Deep knowledge of software engineering and computer science fundamentals (e.g. design patters, best practices, etc.)
• Experience with SOA, Web Services and large distributed systems
• Thorough understanding of security-based design patterns
• Solid experience with Agile development, estimating skills and time management
• End to end experience across the entire software development lifecycle (Design, Specifications, Code Review, Performance Testing, Unit Testing, guidance documentation)
• Track record of delivering production quality software.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as part of a project team in a cooperative effort
NO THIRD PARTIES, NO SUB-CONTRACTORS, NO CORP to CORP
Data Resource Technologies Inc. is an Information Technology Staffing Firm serving the markets of the United States of America; the greatest country in the world. We work with Direct Clients Only and do not participate in multi layer contracts. Earn The Most Possible and put over 60 years of Information Technology Industry experience to work for you today, Call or Apply NOW!!!