What will you do
At Draeger, our work is dedicated to protecting, supporting and saving lives. We are looking for a talented individual to join our patient monitoring team to help deliver new features and product enhancements that will improve patient outcomes and reduce the cost of medical care around the world.
Projects at Draeger range from developing new software for acquiring, archiving, and displaying new monitoring data in a desktop or mobile application to developing software for new hardware modules. The ability to work in more than one of these areas is highly valued at Draeger and the initial project is for embedded, real-time application development.
As a member of a development team, you will be contributing to the design, implementation, testing, and overall quality of our patient monitoring software. In a highly collaborative environment, you will be expected to help teach what you know to other members of the team as well as learn what you don't know from them. Experience developing embedded software for medical devices is valued, but what we value most is a skilled software engineer passionate about applying today's best practices to delivering high-quality software to the market.
Software for Draeger's Patient Monitoring products encompasses a wide range from low-level embedded to networking to applications to GUIs.Who you areRequired technical skills:
- Expert in developing C/C++ software in a multiprocessing/multi-threaded environment
- 5+ years of professional experience in software design, analysis, and troubleshooting in a product development environment
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering (MS degree a plus)
- Objected oriented design experience
- Enjoys software design, problem solving, and troubleshooting
- Experience with one or more: TDD, BDD, DDD, Unit Test, continuous integration and delivery, Agile
- Design pattern experience
- Experience developing software for medical products
- Experience developing application level products
- Extensive experience with software tools (build, IDC, code coverage, static analysis, source control, detect tracking, automated test, etc.)
- Broad exposure to different technologies or concepts such as functional programming, domain specific languages, Python, C#, installers (e.g. Wix).
- Experience developing highly networked applications