This financial services company is responsible for the overall portfolio management and trading of a $3+ billion multi-strategy hedge fund with a 21+ year track record of generating outstanding returns for its shareholders. The firm pursues a wide variety of investing and trading opportunities in virtually all of the world’s liquid financial markets. Located in the Wayne, PA area, about 20 miles from center city Philadelphia, the company employees more than 70 professionals. Because of expansion, they are looking for talented and motivated individuals for the Senior C++ Developer position and are offering a compensation package of excellent salary and annual bonus, generous benefits and full relocation assistance.
• Hands-on experience designing and developing distributed, multithreaded systems with a strong emphasis on performance, low latency, messaging layer and other frameworks and utility services.
• Developing new software as well as enhancing existing systems.
• Developing real-time, X Window GUI displays for financial trading systems.
• Fast paced development environment.
• A very technical role - 10% analysis, 90% programming.
• C/C++/Linux Programming.
• Solid OO design skills, specifically distributed low latency, high performance systems.
• Advanced Multithreading skills
Requirements of the Candidate include:
• 5+ years of professional C/C++/UNIX programming; experience developing electronic financial trading systems is a strong plus
• Solid background in building low latency, multithreaded and high performance systems
• Proven understanding of design patterns, object oriented design, distributed systems and software architecture; extensive knowledge of Order Management and Order Routing is a strong plus
• Solid understanding of Messaging Middleware concepts, usage and application.
• Experience in TCP/IP networking, sockets programming and large projects.
• Strong knowledge of FIX engines.
• Degree in Computer Science / Engineering or closely related field.
• Stable career history.
• Experience with Electronic trading platforms in Equities, Futures and/ or Foreign Exchange is a plus.
A full relocation package will be provided for the qualified candidate.